Can these Stihl chains be ordered online

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MS241-C Trying to set it up to run both 3/8lp, and .325, I've ordered the .325 bar,rim conversion kit, and rim sprockets just trying to round out chain selection for varying conditions.

Thanks for everyone's help here.

Just curious, what advantage in what conditions would the .325 give over the 3/8lp? I got a small makita with the Stihl 3/8 lp and I’m very impressed with the chain.

Just curious, what advantage in what conditions would the .325 give over the 3/8lp? I got a small makita with the Stihl 3/8 lp and I’m very impressed with the chain.

Clearing new growth tress up to about 10 years old, and I have about 150 feet of Privet along a fence line that has to be beat back every year, thought process says .325 should stay sharp longer. With a rim drive setup it's pretty easy to switch back and forth.

Just curious, what advantage in what conditions would the .325 give over the 3/8lp?
Closer spacing of cutters could be smoother in smaller diameter wood.

3/8 low profile would be better compared to the new Oregon .325 low profile (80TXL - not released yet), due to the size of the 'bite'.

Philbert

That is what I have found. They may take the liberty to substitute and not say so and see if you notice. Maybe not on purpose, but still either a wasted trip or settle for something else.

Yeah I’m going to hit my JD/Stihl dealer who is a little far out but knows me on the phone.

Looks like I’m going to need 56 DL on the 3/8lp since I’m using a 7 pin rim sprocket. Probably going to need to get longer ones cut down and I really don’t wanna buy a maker breaker at this point. Kinda wish the place I bought the saw from seemed interested in ordering the RM in .325 and resizing it, they probably would on the 3/8s stuff. I’m fairly certain a .325 RM .063 gauge is often used on a 261.

That's the advantage of a good dealer, and a good dealer/customer relationship. Not everybody has or appreciates that.

Philbert

So true, I bought from “Pro” level dealer who I’ve dealt with previously on things like service on a Mantis and I bought my Kombi and attachments from them. Fortunately I have a fall back in a JD Dealer. They were also the only ones who carried the 241.

I have bought 56 drive link ps3 chain that cane in the clear plastic packaging with Stihl part number. At a time they had an on line order and in store pickup. The 16 inch Stihl bar and 7 tooth sprocket should work with 55 dl. All you need to physically verify is bar and sprocket, assuming the adjuster will move 3/8 inch.

The 3005 bars for your MS241 in .325 are shorter than the 3003 ones for 261 for a called length. Would seem the .325 chain you want should be in stock (think ms250) and in roll form for loop make up.

63 PM 55 3/8lp
63 PM3 55

26 RM3 62 .325
26 RM 62

and if so where?

Local dealers don't seem to have a clue and the "Pro" dealer says 26 RM 62 doesn't exist.

Tia

The 26 is Stihlese for .325 pitch and
.063 ga. 62 dl is basically 16 inch small as in MS 250 etc. It fits on 3005 mount bar.
Stihl stocks all in green safety chain , the RM3, semi chisel safety. My hometown saw shop spin their own loops so easy to get in standard RM Rapid Micro or RS Rapid Super yellow chain. Always buy 2 get 1 free.
Some members here could probably hook you up.
If you can't find, I could mail them. PM if you need. Ed

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

The 26 is Stihlese for .325 pitch and
.063 ga. 62 dl is basically 16 inch small as in MS 250 etc. It fits on 3005 mount bar.
Stihl stocks all in green safety chain , the RM3, semi chisel safety. My hometown saw shop spin their own loops so easy to get in standard RM Rapid Micro or RS Rapid Super yellow chain. Always buy 2 get 1 free.
Some members here could probably hook you up.
If you can't find, I could mail them. PM if you need. Ed

Wow, was I slow typing. You got lots of leads.

Having used both sizes on a couple of different saws over a lengthy time frame my pennyworth started off withPM "16" bar supply of chain got difficult to source"expensive" so went to 325 I liked the LoPro better ,in the dealers one day & he put a boxed chain on the counter with the words "I recon you might get on with this " it was a Stihl 3/8 Lo Pro PS not used "325" since

Back