Can U date this Husky 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGC4200

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have one, bought new around 1999-2000, s.n. 5201211. (black tag)
I used SEARCH, It looks like 95 model to me, thought it was newer, but could
have been NOS.

Thanx for reply

I have a >10 yrs. newer 435, it's serial # is 09 xxx xxxx. (new spring 2009)
It looks like Husqvarna changed SN format about Y2K.
The 55's must have had a long production run, many made with a lot
of changes and options.
I would not swap mine for a new 455; a new 346XP NE would be a different
story.

there hasn't been alot of changes to the 55 since its inception as the 50 in 1978'ish, save for the cc's and name change to the 55 in about 1982. Most changes have been changing top cover colours, spur to rim and vise versa sprockets and different chain/bar combinations, and air filter changes. All the other changes were just due to the on-going improvement of the saw, but nothing drastic mechanically and i'd say 90% of all the parts in the model series are interchangeable. It has always been a price point saw in the Husqvarna line up and is most argueably its most popular model here in North America.

What color is the top?

55=closed ports?

55 Rancher=open ports?

the use of Rancher is solely for marketing, in the past 10 years it has been labeled as the "55" and the "55 Rancher", all the parts are the same. Kind of the smae as the 455 when introduced was the 455, and now its the 455 Rancher. A lil marketing strategy for a name that has a good lineage, it was funny when you couldn't sell a 55 as everybody wanted a 55 rancher.

the use of Rancher is solely for marketing, in the past 10 years it has been labeled as the "55" and the "55 Rancher", all the parts are the same. Kind of the smae as the 455 when introduced was the 455, and now its the 455 Rancher. A lil marketing strategy for a name that has a good lineage, it was funny when you couldn't sell a 55 as everybody wanted a 55 rancher.

then why are the part numbers different for the piston and cylinders of 55's and 55 Ranchers of the same year?

55 part number 503609104
55 Rancher 503609108

Again....1 is closed port and the other is open port...

Lets not forget that the 55 is historically a .325
and the 55 rancher was 3/8's

very true as to what was just mentioned, regarding the opne and closed ports, yet full interchangeablity within the two, I'll to a lil digging and see what i can come up with via IPL's and other data. The point of the 55 "historically" being .325 and the Rancher being 3/8 well its a geographic issue and what the dealers ordered in there particular area. Case in poin the last year for the 55 here in Canada was 2009, 3/8 was the only option available in Ontario and Quebec (about 2/3 of the population base of the country) and the .325 was available for order throughout the rest of the country. There are alos different part numbers within the 55 family for EPA and Non-EPA p&c cylinder assemblies, yet within the same cylinder size the pistons are the same. So off to do some research I go!

all Orange 55

I don't (socially) date Huskies' either; their teeth are too sharp.

I do not believe the saw is an 85 model. Acre's site shows they
were introduced 1990. I bought saw new from dealer about 1999-2000.
The black tag does not have 1995, serial is the only #.
I was trying to verify date in case I need parts.

I don't (socially) date Huskies' either; their teeth are too sharp.

I do not believe the saw is an 85 model. Acre's site shows they
were introduced 1990. I bought saw new from dealer about 1999-2000.
The black tag does not have 1995, serial is the only #.
I was trying to verify date in case I need parts.

Orange top?.....I am 99% sure its a '95....

Back