Can we pllleeeeeaase stay on topic!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobL

No longer addicted to AS
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
This forum is starting to (or maybe I'm just noticing how often this happens) sound like a broken record. Someone asks a question and the discussion rapidly degenerates into how they should be buying a saw from another manufacturer. This is funny the first or second time and then it just becomes a PITA. How about creating a dedicated forum for people that wanna shout or make juvenile smart ar$e comments about different saw manufacturers at each other all day but we leave this one for moderately sensible discussion about the actual questions asked.

Come on mods how, about getting your act together on this? It's getting harder and harder to wade through the bovine excrement in this forum to find useful information.

I completely agree with Bob.Someone comes here for advice and most of the time within 3-4 posts the thread has been derailed.Come on guys we have the off topic forum for the "Most" anything goes and thread derailing forum.

I'm afraid that I am in total agreement.
I left another fourm because of discussion hijacking & derailment.
I wouldn't think that it would be easy to monitor all discussions.
This is a great place for info and to share stuff with like minded folks,
what can we do to preserve the quality of this site?

Personally I prefer Apple pie, warm with vanilla ice cream, the pie warmed, not the ice cream, cinnamon, and a few walnuts & caramel syrup. What was this thread about anyway???

I completely agree with Bob.Someone comes here for advice and most of the time within 3-4 posts the thread has been derailed.Come on guys we have the off topic forum for the "Most" anything goes and thread derailing forum.

Let's not exaggerate. Sometimes it goes for 10 or 12 posts before the nonsense starts.

premix?

What's the best mix for all my saws?
40:1 or 50:1 ?
regular or high test?
Dino or synthetic?
Are Poulon pro's really a pro saw?

:rock: :popcorn: :clap: :dizzy: :spam: :censored: :jawdrop:

As long as the question gets answered, and it usually does in the first couple posts, then some divergence from the original question can be expected. How many times at work do a group of people start off talking about some topic and end up discussing something completely different, like how well the Patriots and Red Sox are playing this season?

This forum is starting to (or maybe I'm just noticing how often this happens) sound like a broken record. Someone asks a question and the discussion rapidly degenerates into how they should be buying a saw from another manufacturer. This is funny the first or second time and then it just becomes a PITA. How about creating a dedicated forum for people that wanna shout or make juvenile smart ar$e comments about different saw manufacturers at each other all day but we leave this one for moderately sensible discussion about the actual questions asked.

Come on mods how, about getting your act together on this? It's getting harder and harder to wade through the bovine excrement in this forum to find useful information.

Ya know, I feel exactly that way, but...

even a conversation between only two people will not follow the direction one of the participants wants. Just human nature. On this forum, you may have three to thirty respondents.

Personally, I just try not to get sucked in when the topic changes in the manner that you describe, or I'll quote the original poster to refresh readers on the original subject matter...like now.

This forum is starting to (or maybe I'm just noticing how often this happens) sound like a broken record. Someone asks a question and the discussion rapidly degenerates into how they should be buying a saw from another manufacturer. .....

I generally agree that a tread should be kept on topic, but suggesting alternatives to what originally was asked about should not be considered off topic!!! :biggrinbounce2:

I have no problems with and welcome helpful alternatives. Alternatives like when I go to see one of my IT guys at work and tell him I'm having a problem with my email, and his response is "Get a Mac"! After the second time, those kinds of alternatives we can do without.

I have no problems with and welcome helpful alternatives. Alternatives like when I go to see one of my IT guys at work and tell him I'm having a problem with my email, and his response is "Get a Mac"! After the second time, those kinds of alternatives we can do without.

Maybe you should try getting more fiber in your diet. :jester:

The one thing that gets really, really, really, really, old is when someone asks about a specific saw for a specific job... and all the other brand cheerleaders that have not been mentioned chime in.

Sometimes someone just wants to know about the options they are asking about.

Plus... I ain't biased towrds any one brand... just ask me! :)

Gary

Latest posts

Back