Can we pllleeeeeaase stay on topic!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+ another 1

So what chainsaw was the thread starter asking about or was working on or looking for a part for or needed help on or info on.

Guess this thread should have been in the OFF TOPIC section. Cant believe they would make a sticky out of such a trash thread.......:ices_rofl: :ices_rofl: Peace all :rock: .

Woodie

I'm so sorry for making fun of ya crappy posts, really I am. I wanna make it up to you by offering you some possum gizzards. If you can tell me how many I have in this bag I'm holding I will give you both of them, whatcha say ole buddy...

If "Off topic" isn't enough maybe this site should add a: "Help I need a life forum" or an "AA" forum for Arborisite alcoholics. Addicted to the site but have nothing else to contribute forum. Or give out dunce hats to be posted on your avatar for to many off topic rants. Or just carry on making public arses out of ourselves. Anybody?:biggrinbounce2: :laugh: :bang: :D

Your absolutly right !!!
And YOU should start it !!!

If you feel you have all the qualifications...

Last edited:
Trying to stay on topic BobL:::

I have no problems with and welcome helpful alternatives. Alternatives like when I go to see one of my IT guys at work and tell him I'm having a problem with my email, and his response is "Get a Mac"! After the second time, those kinds of alternatives we can do without.

Ya know generally speaking,,, Most real legit saw related questions are answered pretty much straight away,,,,, the off topic forum thread does work OK for keeping the lost ones occupied,,,,,, but we just cant seem to weed them all out<<< Oh Yeah,,,, don't worry about the Information Technology folks,,,
Their all weird,,, Most of the time,,,,,,,,, it must be a prerequisite

Yeah Andy You are right on that one,,, that Mow can come up with some stuff!!!!!!

I'll play, but I'm not sure which topic to stay on... however... it won't be on Mow's fat man..:monkey:

Last edited:
Staying on topic is a practicable impossibility. It just can't happen on a discussion forum such as this. And it couldn't be viewed in a black and white context, as in off topic or not. It would be more a matter of how far off topic someone has gone resulting in further debate about how far is too far. Just a waste of time.

In the case of the "which saw" threads I usually try to answer the original poster's question. Many times members miss the fact that the poster is not an enthusiast in the sense that saw money is not "recreational money", and they want the best saw in their price range. If a guy wants a 350 why tell him he ought to get a 372? But it should be considered sound advice to suggest something else if the poster's options are way too small for his needs. (Like Sap milling with a 390!!!)

If a guy is asking about 2 Stihls, I'll leave it to the Stihl guys and keep quiet. I think that most of the brand bickering that takes place is good natured fun, and much of it is hilarious. Just guys breaking each others balls. There are a few people though who actually take it serious and get offended which is amazing to me.

I think that most of the brand bickering that takes place is good natured fun, and much of it is hilarious. Just guys breaking each others balls. There are a few people though who actually take it serious and get offended which is amazing to me.

Yep! It's part of the appeal of this site. Like any group of friends there will be ribbing and occasionally bickering.

Yeah, all you non-IT guys are so normal.:laugh:

Hey,,, Easy big Guy!!!!!!!

I''m just playing,,,,, I know people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks,,,,, how about loose ball bearings!!!!!!!!!!

Staying on topic is a practicable impossibility. Just guys breaking each others balls. There are a few people though who actually take it serious and get offended which is amazing to me.

Yeah like Peter and SawTroll smacking the Stihl home owner grade saws around,,,
They really have fun with that,,,,,, simply amazing,,,,,, I bet their stihl Laughing about some of them!!!!!!

Last edited:
Hey,,, Easy big Guy!!!!!!!

I''m just playing,,,,, I know people who live in glass houses shouldnt throw rocks,,,,, how about loose ball bearings!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, everyone is normal till you get to know them.:D

Latest posts

Back