Can we pllleeeeeaase stay on topic!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no problems with and welcome helpful alternatives. Alternatives like when I go to see one of my IT guys at work and tell him I'm having a problem with my email, and his response is "Get a Mac"! After the second time, those kinds of alternatives we can do without.

Suggesting a similar size Husky saw when someone asks for guidance on which Stihl to buy (or vice versa) is not off topic. It's good for people to consider all options. And your Mac vs. PC analogy does not apply well to saws. you don't have to get all new accessories and retrain yourself to run a saw when you switch brands.

Just curious, but when you ask the IT guys about email problems, is it with a work PC or home computer?

Last edited:
Snip...

Does that mean you are biased against many brands?

(Trying to stay "on topic" here, but very curious where this "branch" might go. Okay, very curious is an exaggeration.)

Yup... LOL...:)

I like Stihls, and have only used a handful of Husqvarnas more than occasionally. So I only give comments/advice on the saws i am familiar with. Or what tech stuff I am familiar with.

I will give a Husqvarna guy a friendly poke in the ribs. or tease some people on the bar length, wrap handle deal... but refuse to get into all the stupid brand bashing.

When I was a new member here I did just that... and it was retarded. So I do not do it anymore. :)

Gary

Yup... LOL...:)

I like Stihls, and have only used a handful of Husqvarnas more than occasionally. So I only give comments/advice on the saws i am familiar with. Or what tech stuff I am familiar with.

I will give a Husqvarna guy a friendly poke in the ribs. or tease some people on the bar length, wrap handle deal... but refuse to get into all the stupid brand bashing.

When I was a new member here I did just that... and it was retarded. So I do not do it anymore. :)

Gary

Good advice...if everyone followed that strategy we would be onto something.

I generally agree that a tread should be kept on topic, but suggesting alternatives to what originally was asked about should not be considered off topic!!! :biggrinbounce2:

When I asked about an opinion on 2 saws it was because I am not a professional and was unaware of some of the other options.

I could have bought either one and probably been happy with it. I did appreciate all the opinions and advice. That is why I asked. You folks broadened my horizons, and it is still up to me to make my choice.

I did more research and changed my mind (on my own) based on what I learned from you guys.

I want to take this opportunity to thank every one that responded to my questions, and offered their opinions. Although it may sound like a broken record to some, it was new to me.

When I asked about an opinion on 2 saws it was because I am not a professional and was unaware of some of the other options.

I could have bought either one and probably been happy with it. I did appreciate all the opinions and advice. That is why I asked. You folks broadened my horizons, and it is still up to me to make my choice.

I did more research and changed my mind (on my own) based on what I learned from you guys.

I want to take this opportunity to thank every one that responded to my questions, and offered their opinions. Although it may sound like a broken record to some, it was new to me.

I hope you bought a husky. That extra 2" makes all the difference in the world, ask any chick

If "Off topic" isn't enough maybe this site should add a: "Help I need a life forum" or an "AA" forum for Arborisite alcoholics. Addicted to the site but have nothing else to contribute forum. Or give out dunce hats to be posted on your avatar for to many off topic rants. Or just carry on making public arses out of ourselves. Anybody?:biggrinbounce2: :laugh: :bang: :D

I generally agree that a tread should be kept on topic, but suggesting alternatives to what originally was asked about should not be considered off topic!!! :biggrinbounce2:

Troll the problem with you is that any thread you see with a 017/170,018,180,021/210,023/230,025/250,029/290,031/310,039/390 you have to start bashing the saws.........If you would ever read the opinions of the people that actually own or have owned them, most say they really like them..I have seen tree services run a lot of the saws listed and beat the crap out of them and would buy the same saw again ... I realize you have a right to your opinion .........It sure is nice to hear the opinions from people that actually use the saws.....

suggesting alternatives is good if you a have run the saw your suggesting with a fair amount of trigger time............Kinda like the handle bar so called issue you have between the Husky and Jred.....That is your issue ........Most people dont care!!!!

Last edited:
If "Off topic" isn't enough maybe this site should add a: "Help I need a life forum" or an "AA" forum for Arborisite alcoholics. Addicted to the site but have nothing else to contribute forum. Or give out dunce hats to be posted on your avatar for to many off topic rants. Or just carry on making public arses out of ourselves. Anybody?:biggrinbounce2: :laugh: :bang: :D

So would that hat go over the "A" or the "K"?:jester:

Just kidding.

Troll the problem with you is that any thread you see with a 017/170,018,180,021/210,023/230,025/250,029/290,031/310,039/390 you have to start bashing the saws.........If you would ever read the opinions of the people that actually own or have owned them, most say they really like them..I have seen tree services run a lot of the saws listed and beat the crap out of them and would buy the same saw again ... I realize you have a right to your opinion .........It sure is nice to hear the opinions from people that actually use the saws.....

suggesting alternatives is good if you a have run the saw your suggesting with a fair amount of trigger time............Kinda like the handle bar so called issue you have between the Husky and Jred.....That is your issue ........Most people dont care!!!!

These are not good saws?
Here and I thought "POS" stood for "Prince Of Saws" as many times as Sawtroll uses that phrase.Because surely someone couldn't slam Stihl that much..........or could they?And yet they own a Stihl.

So it's the old "anything other then what I have is crap" story.

WOW !!! The light of day........

"the problem with you is that any thread you see with a 017/170,018,180,021/210,023/230,025/250,029/290,031/310,039/390 you have to start bashing the saws........."

You forgot the 660. Those are useless also

:ices_rofl: :laugh:

Thread hijacking and threads moving off topic is common on most internet forums. I am a mod on a surf (board riding) forum and its gets pretty full on sometimes with abuse hurled regularly. Generally we (the mods) let it go until it becomes personal, someone starts slagging off a family member etc.

This forum is a bit different in that you have folks who have huge brand loyalty and enjoy slinging mud at those using other brands. Happens in the Motorsport world and in the music world too (Gibson v Fender etc). Doesn't really worry me ... perhaps coz I'm new and so far I'm enjoying the banter.

Personally I think the starter of this thread needs to chill a bit ... take a deep breath realise its peoples passion for a brand not an actual attempt to derail a thread.

just my 2c worth.

Thread hijacking and threads moving off topic is common on most internet forums. I am a mod on a surf (board riding) forum and its gets pretty full on sometimes with abuse hurled regularly. Generally we (the mods) let it go until it becomes personal, someone starts slagging off a family member etc.

This forum is a bit different in that you have folks who have huge brand loyalty and enjoy slinging mud at those using other brands. Happens in the Motorsport world and in the music world too (Gibson v Fender etc). Doesn't really worry me ... perhaps coz I'm new and so far I'm enjoying the banter.

Personally I think the starter of this thread needs to chill a bit ... take a deep breath realise its peoples passion for a brand not an actual attempt to derail a thread.

just my 2c worth.

+1

Scott

just my 2c worth.

Yea! what he said............................................

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back