Can you chip a car to run on regular instead of premium?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When back home me and a friend ran our own speed shop. I actually built a few of the cars that ran on PInks all out at Rockingham.

I'm 15 minutes from the track, so I was there, LOL. Me and another guy at the shop just finished up a 87 T/A play car. We had no intentions on draging the car, just a street play toy. Mild 383/750 demon and a 2500 stall/3.73. One of his buds races Stang's quite a bit so we took it to the Rock. With ET streets still spining off the line, it can do 11.7@116-117. He got some real slicks and really cut the 60ft. down. With a 125 shot it went 10.9@125, no too bad, LOL. The ole T/A weighs 3350lbs with him in it so we are looking for a Stang. He ordered a race 383, that we could not build out of Jegs any cheaper, so he bite the bullet. His bud has a hatchback 408 that runs 10.1@130 on motor all day long, 2700lbs with him in it. Funny thing is it took $10K to build that 408 and our 383 is half that and should make close to the same power.:cheers:

I'm all into cars if you didn't notice.:cheers:

No flashes for the Max's for spark knock, from Nissan.....

A expensive custom tune may work but I would rather pay the extra $4.00 at fill ups.

I'm 15 minutes from the track, so I was there, LOL. Me and another guy at the shop just finished up a 87 T/A play car. We had no intentions on draging the car, just a street play toy. Mild 383/750 demon and a 2500 stall/3.73. One of his buds races Stang's quite a bit so we took it to the Rock. With ET streets still spining off the line, it can do 11.7@116-117. He got some real slicks and really cut the 60ft. down. With a 125 shot it went 10.9@125, no too bad, LOL. The ole T/A weighs 3350lbs with him in it so we are looking for a Stang. He ordered a race 383, that we could not build out of Jegs any cheaper, so he bite the bullet. His bud has a hatchback 408 that runs 10.1@130 on motor all day long, 2700lbs with him in it. Funny thing is it took $10K to build that 408 and our 383 is half that and should make close to the same power.:cheers:

I'm all into cars if you didn't notice.:cheers:

dang right man i here ya. iv got a few things i wanna do to mine before i start running her again but shes nasty nun the less=)

He bought a Stang that only needs a motor and trans. Already gutted, roll cage, drag wheels/ 10.5" slicks, 8.8 rear. The race motor should be in Sat. and we can order the coversion kit and built turbo 400. This is going to be a sweet car, all I have to find now is a "Powered by Chevy" sticker.

He bought a Stang that only needs a motor and trans. Already gutted, roll cage, drag wheels/ 10.5" slicks, 8.8 rear. The race motor should be in Sat. and we can order the coversion kit and built turbo 400. This is going to be a sweet car, all I have to find now is a "Powered by Chevy" sticker.

eeewww not kewl

Latest posts

Back