Can you help?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shingledecker

Reaction score
HI, I've been in the tree industry for not even 4 months but I love it! But here in lies my problem, my boss has already let me climb about 10 Palm trees already (Mexican and Queen palm) but I want to progress more what are the things that I should know. If you could respond by telling the top ten knots, hitches, trees and as well as tools that you guys use. I would as him to tell me but the only thing he sees in "google it" or look in your "ISA climbing book" which is good but that doesn't let me know what are most in portent. as well as if anyone whats to practice on some days I would be down for meeting up I live in San Diego

If you already climbed 10 palms I would hope you already know some important ones to get you down in case of emergency...if you brought a rope up it should have some sort of friction hitch on it...terminated with an anchor knot unless its spliced...if not well, you're in trouble....

Hot darn!!! San Diego!!! I would reccon you be tying some double hoss man hitches backed up with stud girths. Dem palms look big from this here Montucky pine land. be careful with all dem Californie broads walkin under your trees son. Make sure to back up those toppin cuts with som dem cables and whats not boy.

HI, I've been in the tree industry for not even 4 months but I love it! But here in lies my problem, my boss has already let me climb about 10 Palm trees already (Mexican and Queen palm) but I want to progress more what are the things that I should know. If you could respond by telling the top ten knots, hitches, trees and as well as tools that you guys use. I would as him to tell me but the only thing he sees in "google it" or look in your "ISA climbing book" which is good but that doesn't let me know what are most in portent. as well as if anyone whats to practice on some days I would be down for meeting up I live in San Diego

Love your energy and enthusiasm. Your "boss" and co-workers should be training and teaching you but if they are telling you to "google it", I suspect they don't know a whole lot more than you do! You CAN learn an awful lot from reading and searching online, but it's hard to beat having a good mentor that will take time to share their knowledge that came not just from books, but from trial, error and hard knocks. I'd be looking to join myself with a reputable company that can give you the training you need. Good luck and most of all, HAVE FUN!

Latest posts

Back