Can you ID this Husqvarna?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely a L65 or (less likely) a 77 - anyway it is a collectors item only these days, not a saw that many people would want to use much.....:givebeer:

The A65 wasn't bad when it came out in in 1965, but development was fast those days, so the design was outdated already by 1968-1970, but kept in production much longer - in Yugoslavia from 1974 or so, at the TOMOS factory..

Last edited:
Most likely a L65 or (less likely) a 77 - anyway it is a collectors item only these days, not a saw that many people would want to use much.....:givebeer:

Hey Niko, I do not agree with you on this one. I have 2 of them and think they are well balanced, have a slim design (for their age) and I would run them today without problem, if I had no modern saws of course. I have met a few people already that still hold on to them as their firewood saw.
AV is not bad either.

I think

Troll confuses the straight 70 with the A's and L's sometimes.

The A's and L'swere very much like the partners of that time frame and were fine saws.

Those are the saws that got Husky where it is today..

That is indeed an L65

Last edited:
Hey Niko, I do not agree with you on this one. I have 2 of them and think they are well balanced, have a slim design (for their age) and I would run them today without problem, if I had no modern saws of course. I have met a few people already that still hold on to them as their firewood saw.
AV is not bad either.

Roland I concur. I really don't want to have any saws that I'm afraid to use if I want to.

I will take my 77 out to work or play anytime I feel like it. It is a nice saw.

Besides, having a saw you can't use to me is like having a woman in the house that you can't use from time to time. Whats the point?

And for what it's worth, I agree with Pes+ that the saw pictured is indeed a 65.

Last edited:
This is the latest version of the 65 saw. It has a round decal instead of the rektangular on starter.
Most of these were assembled in Joguslavia in Tomos factory.

The 77 has the spark plug outside top cover thru a hole.

Thanks for all the replys - got it back today - bar is a bit rusty and the chain has seen better days but the clutch bearing seems ok, compression 120psi but that is with no fuel and completly dry - reckon this will go up to 150psi when wet, it thankfully also has a spark.:clap:

the casings look in really good condition so will strip it down and get it working again.

May even post some pics if I get the time

Spud

This is the latest version of the 65 saw. It has a round decal instead of the rektangular on starter.
Most of these were assembled in Joguslavia in Tomos factory.

The 77 has the spark plug outside top cover thru a hole.

Good info! :cheers:

Latest posts

Back