canned fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old guy

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Was over ta Wall-Mart this morning, in the clearense ile was 7 cans of pre mix fer $4.97 a quart, the brand was outdoor parts products or some such as that, in fine print down on the side of the can it said made for Husqvarna products address USA. I took all of it.

John

I use so little fuel, only on second tank on saw I bought a couple of months ago. I have decided the canned mixed fuel is the way to go for me. No more than I use it's just not worth the hassle finding non ethanol gas and mixing.

i tell everyone that is doing lite to little cutting to get a can or 2 it last longer then the pump gas anymore and most of the fuel is none ethanol so you wont lose fuel lines if you forget to take the fuel out at the end of the job or season
i buy 5 gallons of the VP race fuel and mix that but i also heat my families house and my home as well so i cut alot of trees to stay warm

I've used the stihl and VP can mix fuel. The VP stuff is excellent but a lot more expensive than mixing it yourself. I had a VP rep tell me the canned fuel has a shelf-life of 5 years. They have non-ethanol fuel and a stablizer in it. Since I switched to a 32:1 mix I do my own mixing.....a lot non-ethanol stores around my area.

I use canned fuel exclusively now. Lowes has 6 pack for $30 and northern tool carries 5 and 1 gal pails of vp.

Did your State mandate the Ethanol laced gas for all grades? Here in Pa, the Governor mandated that Ethanol only has to be added if it is produced in this State. Since that time some of the Ethanol producers here have gone bankrupt especially since they were denied additional State funds. With a shrinking supply of Ethanol, most blenders are unwilling to spend additional funds to add it. What this all boils down to is major brand hi-test/premium gas here has no Ethanol in it. Maybe you could check with a local marina or small airport in your area and find non ethanol gas for less than $5 a quart?

if you ant got ethl hell use the pump gas
all our pumps come with ethanol up here and none ethanol is far and few between i would have to drive 25miles one way (out of the way) just to get the none ethl fuel @ 2.00 dallors more per gallon so around 5.50. i still get my fuel from the local bike shop and i get it for 45-55 dollars for 5 gallons of 100 octane. mixes real nice with 2 stroke oil and better octane then pump gas best octane from pumps is like 92 around here
also what is this ive been hearing about ethanol jumping closer to 15 to 20% in pump gas

While it is true that I actually use the chainsaw very seldom hence the canned fuel I am wondering about the MM Poulan 3750 on it's way from Ohio. Care to jump in Andy, or Randy?

I have been using the Husquvarna 50:1 in the new 372. Didn't realize they had 40:1. Will have to look.

I put on Charity Cuts where I live, usually have several members from here help out. Another local nonprofit has donated twice to me about a pickup truck load of cases of True fuel. Which I turned around and gave all of it to the ones who showed up. Anywhere from 3 to 6 cases each. While I have never used it, the other guys say it runs really well.

Holy crap, $20 a gallon.....

No thanks.

I thought $4.40 a gallon was high for 91 octane E0.....

At $20 a gallon I'd burn regular pump gas.

I have been using the Husquvarna 50:1 in the new 372. Didn't realize they had 40:1. Will have to look.
Unfortunately Husky doesn't offer anything other than 50:1. TruFuel and VP SEF are both available in 40:1.

Holy crap, $20 a gallon.....

No thanks.

I thought $4.40 a gallon was high for 91 octane E0.....

At $20 a gallon I'd burn regular pump gas.
With no real source of e-free fuel and very sporadic usage, my use of canned fuel likely saves me money by not having to rebuild carbs and replace fuel lines. If I ever need to use my saws for an extended time I'll probably mix some regular pump gas but since they sit a whole lot longer than they get used, canned fuel it is.

Back