Can't find replacement bar for Dolmar PS510

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jere39

Outdoorsman and Pup
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I've got to replace the bar on my Dolmar PS-510. Saw is about 5 years old, and I've over worked it mightily in that time. It came with an 18" bar, and I really like the balance with that bar. The original bar is 3/8" pitch, .o50 gauge, and 64 drive links. I've tried to find a replacement on all the vendors and sponsors sites here. Most carry only .325 pitch bars, or none at all. I have enough chain loops that I really don't want to change now, and I'm happy with the way the 510 pulls the 3/8" chain. I even went onto the Dolmar site and found the right bar, but it is listed as out of stock. My dealer doesn't have any in stock, and is also having trouble getting one, though he hasn't given up.

For now, I can keep running my old one, and dressing it as it needs. I will taper off use as the weather warms, and only deal with storm damage for the summer months. So, without violating the preference for advertising and sponsoring vendors which don't have this bar, anyone have another recommendation.
Thanks

Thanks, you are right, that is an awesome price, but it is for a 68 drive link chain, and my goal, which I may have to abandon, is to preserve my investment in 64 DL chain loops.

I do appreciate the ideas, just looks like more and more not quite matches.

Jere, those Dolmars use the same bars as do the Husqvarna and Jonsered, meaning the small mount K095.
There are a couple of sponsors in NY that should be able to set you up right quick, if you can't find something more local.

Thanks, you are right, that is an awesome price, but it is for a 68 drive link chain, and my goal, which I may have to abandon, is to preserve my investment in 64 DL chain loops.

I do appreciate the ideas, just looks like more and more not quite matches.
Try Kyle at edge and engine.

call a different DOLMAR dealer in your area, if he doesn't have one the wharehouse should. no shortage here on them.

Yup you have a Dolmar specific 64dl "18"" bar like I had on my 5100s. But your saw can accept any small mount husky bar with the same pitch as your sprocket. Just beware that the bar must be the same gauge or smaller than your sprocket as well.

These Dolmar 18" bars are 64DL and are actually 17". For some reason Dolmar had to be different. My 5105 has the 64DL 18".
Unlike Stihl, Dolmar don't try to make everything different: Dolmar bars are Oregon Prolites with different paint. You can ask Oregon why the 18" Prolite has fewer links and is a 17"...I'd like to know. Anyway, OP, that's what you need to buy.

You should be able to get one from a DOLMAR dealer - part number 411 909 660. They are in stock in my distributor's warehouse.

Just to close the loop here, and thanks for every suggestion. It seems the 64DL bar is a kind of an oddity that Dolmar labeled an 18" bar, but is closer to 17" bar. It seems there are very few (but not quite none) suppliers of this spec bar. In fact, Dolmar has not carried them for a while now. The dealer I go to was unable to get one through distributor's warehouse, but was able to find a source for two bars from New Old Stock in North Carolina. So, I have a new bar, at exactly the same spec as my original.

New Bar.JPG

Now, it's almost too pretty to mount and use.

New Bar 2.JPG

I was lucky to have time, and a persistent local dealer. He suspects Dolmar themselves may be moving to a more traditional 68DL bar. If I am lucky, maybe all my loops, and my new bar will all wear down/out at the same time. And I can switch over to the more popular and more readily available bars.

Thanks again

Latest posts

Back