Car brands vs chainsaw brands .. what goes together.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honda = Echo/Shindaiwa
Exactly the same thing.

Nice stuff, very throughly engineered, but some components are unbelievably cheap and just won't make the cut, spare parts are impossibly priced and the dealership network here is going down about at the same speed.

Mcculloch has to be an old staple that's now gone... Oldsmobile? AMC?

Mercury?

Maybe AMC, and the Mini Mac is the Gremlin of chainsaws.

I was thinking though, a Mini-Mac is almost a perfect analogy of the VW Beetle. Hated by many, loved by some, simple and kind of junky, but made tons of them and lots of used parts available. Also... air cooled, points, carb!

The isuzu duramax makes ungodly power but you cant keep the running gear together. But yeah gm ****ed that up.
Like my neighbors 07 with over 400,000 and still pulling ditch witch 4020, rack of rod and water. Duramax strong, mine is an 06 with only 212,000. No drivetrain problems on either. Did replace trans lines with hydraulic lines. Husky nation.

My 71 Duster 318 was slower than hell and pushed like a dump truck but looked good.My buddies 340 Demon was just that,a Demon.12 second street car with N-50's out back.Had a 4:56 gear I think.
Like my neighbors 07 with over 400,000 and still pulling ditch witch 4020, rack of rod and water. Duramax strong, mine is an 06 with only 212,000. No drivetrain problems on either. Did replace trans lines with hydraulic lines. Husky nation.

Stock they will last but when you start throwing the boost to it tie rods will go first

Back