Carb gettin too much fuel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc_man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Working on the little power mac mcculloch. Put new line on it. Cleaned carb. Tried to fire it up. barly stayed running wot. Pulled filter cover off and was quite wet. Tried pulling and can see the fuel spray in each pull. Got it running like that(bairly running) and it gives a heck of a mist of fuel (i got misted like crazy lol). The carb gaskets and diafram seemednok to me. Not gone too hard. What yu guys think? Get a carb kit and try agan?

only thing i could think of was the diapham is mabe just hard enough that it pushes the needle velve evey tme the carb impulses. Just thnking but not sure. We need a thread on how exactly a carb funtions.

How's the piston, ring and cylinder? It sounds like a lot of spitback, so I'm wondering if it's scored or the ring is stuck?

Never pulled muffler but through the intake all looked new. Im pretty sure the saw was bought and used once and put away. It looks brand new. No whare on anything.

Never pulled muffler but through the intake all looked new. Im pretty sure the saw was bought and used once and put away. It looks brand new. No whare on anything.
Hmm. That's all I've got.

I think it just dumping too much fuel and nowhere to go so its spittle back out or misting.

Maybe, but I'm surprised it can even run that rich.

I had to hold it wot and pull at the same time. And it did all it could to stay running. I had the filter off or dont think it would have run.

Check the metering lever height, and make sure the gasket and metering diaphragm are in the right order. The gasket goes between the diaphragm and the carb body. If the lever is held open or opens too easily it will be way rich.

already double checked gasket order all good. Meter lever hight looked good. Think i will mabe pick up a carb kit if i get time tomorrow and try that to rule out bad diaphram.

Think i firgured out the carb. I never had my slot screwdriver with me when i put carb togeather. I turned the l and h screw on about five turns when i got up this am. Simple stupid mistake. Will try it out after work. That would explain too much fuel.

Saw works good now. Got it all back to gether and tuned it. Works pretty good for a small saw.

16cfd64b37b454531a7791bf524f92df.jpg

Thats it ther. Still got to clean it up and sharpen the chain. Should looj like new when im done.

16cfd64b37b454531a7791bf524f92df.jpg

Thats it ther. Still got to clean it up and sharpen the chain. Should looj like new when im done.
I wondered if it was one of those. I have a 32cc version that I converted to A/V and did a few mild mods to. It's a great little saw and I use it a lot: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/mcculloch-se2012s-mac3200-a-v-conversion.277788/

Not a high rpm screamer but good power for the displacement and very light. My biggest problem now is that I broke an A/V spring and they are NLA, so I'm experimenting with retrofitting some different springs.

I wondered if it was one of those. I have a 32cc version that I converted to A/V and did a few mild mods to. It's a great little saw and I use it a lot: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/mcculloch-se2012s-mac3200-a-v-conversion.277788/

Not a high rpm screamer but good power for the displacement and very light. My biggest problem now is that I broke an A/V spring and they are NLA, so I'm experimenting with retrofitting some different springs.
Ya it looks like a good saw. Figure it should be good for limbing and also for my son to use too. He is 12 and already has two of his own little saws. Think he is addicted too.

Latest posts

Back