cc for cc

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhhhhhhh man

You just opened up Pandora's box there dude... :cry: I applaud you, lmao.:cheers:

In that range I would go for half an 088.

He said 50 to 60 not 120 to 130 you are looking at like a 361 in that size range I would say one is as good as the next

In the 50-60 cc class (stock saws), Dolmar PS 5100S, Stihl MS361 and Husky 357xp - in that order.

....but who really cares - power to weight ratio is much more interesting....

Last edited:
SawTroll said:
In the 50-60 cc class (stock saws), Dolmar PS 5100S, Stihl MS361 and Husky 357xp - in that order.

....but who really cares - power to weight ratio is much more interesting....

Yeah, where did that power to weight ratio chart go?

Chaser

stan_1966 said:
hi all which saw cc for cc has the most power

I think that you would be more interested in useable power band than the peak power number the mfgr would like you to buy into. You are kind of asking the wrong question.

I work in the audio business and can tell you firsthand...numbers lie. Its what they do best.

Mark

Surely someone like Sawtroll :biggrinbounce2: will make a table showing cc verses HP verses... for all saws since 1965.

oldsaw said:
I think that you would be more interested in useable power band than the peak power number the mfgr would like you to buy into. You are kind of asking the wrong question. ....
I agree, but usable power band would be pretty hard to define.......:bang:

SawTroll said:

The smooth usable power band is what makes the 7900 so fun to run. So in that cc class that saw gets my vote for power to weight stock.

SawTroll said:

Not really. Like a car or a motorcycle, just look at the torque curve. If it is a tall, narrow peak...not good. Get the chain in the wood, the saw bogs at the first opportunity...bad.

Mark

oldsaw said:
Not really. Like a car or a motorcycle, just look at the torque curve. If it is a tall, narrow peak...not good. Get the chain in the wood, the saw bogs at the first opportunity...bad.

Mark
That's right, but still pretty hard to define ........:D

Latest posts

Back