Central Va./Dinosaur50 GTG 2012

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I need to decide which saws to bring. Definitely bringing the Contra S and a mystery Contra. Look at my Sig and suggest what you'd like to see. 07S? Hussy 285 CD? 1st year Contra? No more than 4 saws total. I'll arrive a day early and leave the day after if someone would like to go out for dinner or breakfast. Unique dining recommendations requested. I also need GPS specific address for location. See you there.

Carl,
I cannot recommend your dining arrangements as it's not part of my stomping grounds, but others surely can.
The address for this event is: 10900 Nash Rd.
Chesterfield,Va. 23838 Earlier, Dinosaur50 posted a long list of overnight accommodations. Bring a gear-drive saw if you have one!
Dean:cheers:

got the 2270 running with choke type carb. But, I broke a cardinal rule of old saws....vac testing. crank seals are toast. Oh well, this one may not make it to this GTG. Unless I find these seals quick and have time to install them and retest.

Thanks

Carl,
I cannot recommend your dining arrangements as it's not part of my stomping grounds, but others surely can.
The address for this event is: 10900 Nash Rd.
Chesterfield,Va. 23838 Earlier, Dinosaur50 posted a long list of overnight accommodations. Bring a gear-drive saw if you have one!
Dean:cheers:

Thanks Dean I just didn't want to search back through the thread to find the address. Sorry to say I don't have a gear drive and though it's on my want list have promised the misses I'll never buy another saw or even accept one for free. She says she doesn't want to deal with a bunch of saws if I die first. :dizzy:

...Carl

Spent the entire day making saws ready......

Homelite 750 w/36" check
Super XL-925 check
Super XLAO check
Stihl 090 w/50" check
Mac 125 w/33" check
Dolmar 7900 check
Mac G-70 check
044 w/square grind

trading material
Box of Homelite XL12/AO parts.

Things I'm not taking back home
Homelite 240 tophandle
Skilsaw 1616 tophandle
Monkey Wards 2406 top handle

only 7 more days!:msp_smile:

Homelite 750 w/36" check
Super XL-925 check
Super XLAO check
Stihl 090 w/50" check
Mac 125 w/33" check
Dolmar 7900 check
Mac G-70 check
044 w/square grind

trading material

Homelite 240 tophandle
Skilsaw 1616 tophandle

You have just reminded me how unprepared I am at the moment. Luckily, I have this upcoming Friday off work so maybe I can get my act together. The only saw I have ready is the S/D 166 cause I used it yesterday. I need to move my Stihl's out of the truck and load the one's I want to bring.

You have just reminded me how unprepared I am at the moment. Luckily, I have this upcoming Friday off work so maybe I can get my act together. The only saw I have ready is the S/D 166 cause I used it yesterday. I need to move my Stihl's out of the truck and load the one's I want to bring.

Looking forward to seeing that 166..... maybe a race between the Marines and Navy are looking like a GO:cool2:

Thats like 100ft of chain in one load. I plan on bringing my one saw due to logistical reasons and it will have to come in and leave dry. But at least I get to come.:msp_smile:

Does anyone coming happen to have a Mac 700 or parts. I need a good piston and rings for a project

View attachment 230709View attachment 230710

Homelite 750 w/36" check
Super XL-925 check
Super XLAO check
Stihl 090 w/50" check
Mac 125 w/33" check
Dolmar 7900 check
Mac G-70 check
044 w/square grind

trading material

Homelite 240 tophandle
Skilsaw 1616 tophandle

Thats like 100ft of chain in one load. I plan on bringing my one saw due to logistical reasons and it will have to come in and leave dry. But at least I get to come.:msp_smile:

Does anyone coming happen to have a Mac 700 or parts. I need a good piston and rings for a project

View attachment 230709View attachment 230710

Don't worry, there will be plenty for you to run..lol

Looking forward to seeing that 166..... maybe a race between the Marines and Navy are looking like a GO:cool2:

Well if I show up I promise to bring one of my Mac 125/101b's. I know for a fact it will walk all over a 166.

Stinkbait has been working on a Homey 900D for me and he says it runs strong for its' vintage. I'm not sure what that means but do we have the big wood to put it to the test? I don't know. Sawmandave is getting the wood together. It's already at the site, but just not set-up for easy cutting. What saw would commonly be considered as direct competition to a 900D? It's wearing 36" of 404.
Igpoe:cheers:

Stinkbait has been working on a Homey 900D for me and he says it runs strong for its' vintage. I'm not sure what that means but do we have the big wood to put it to the test? I don't know. Sawmandave is getting the wood together. It's already at the site, but just not set-up for easy cutting. What saw would commonly be considered as direct competition to a 900D? It's wearing 36" of 404.
Igpoe:cheers:

their ill be big wood at gtg i know Sawmandave told me their some 30 inch round pine that should be big enough 2 test it in

The 900D is 112cc and the same as the 750 for displacement..... the RPM aren't even close, that old Homelite is in a class by itself! I have a couple of them here but are not close to running..... well maybe I can get busy, it needs the fuel system redone and I do have the stuff here :msp_confused:

There will be plenty of saws to run for sure!

Back