chain brake on and cant get clutch cover on

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanna be

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So took my 340 apart to clean and I cant get clutch cover back on, the brake is on so I cant slide it over the clutch, Any way I can get spring to loosen up?
Thanks!

Why not wrap it in cloth, put it in a vice and carefully clamp it and then reset it like normal?

You might also be able to install it inside out and tighten the nuts down to get the leverage you need.

Take off bar/chain, and push cover over the bar studs, and jam it into the brake mech at an angle, stick it right in, and work the chain brake handle back until it clicks your brake open.

Thank me later....

I'll thank you now, thank you!

Have someone hold the cover for you and use a pair of channel lock pliers to twist the brake off. I have had success doing it this way a couple of times with minimal effort and no damage to the cover.

Take off bar/chain, and push cover over the bar studs, and jam it into the brake mech at an angle, stick it right in, and work the chain brake handle back until it clicks your brake open.

Thank me later....
Yup this works, I lernt it the hard way too, just force it over the clutch drum with the bar and chain removed.

John

Back