chain identification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawjo

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
sawchain.jpg
Does anyone know what this chain is or who makes it? "H1" and "18" on DL's. It's 3/8 lopro (I think) and .050 gauge. Can't find any reference to it on internet. Thanks, Joe.

I would think it's husqvarna chain.
I believe Husqvarna uses H then a number then hyphen. ( H1- _ _ _ _ _ __ _... at the beginning of the part number but not generally stamped on the chain. "18" would be the number they chose to use for that chain type to represent 0.50 gauge. If they make that same chain but in 0.58 they will use a different number.
Yes I agree by how narrow the tie straps are that its low pro for a small saw/ top handle. Semi-chisel

I think it might be a Lo Pro of Chi Com manufacture I remember a mate bringing in his chain for fettling & IIRC it had an H & a number wich could have been 18 but I can't remember Tri link?

As Philbert says if it cuts, run it like you stole it, & if it stays sharp for the same time period as better known brands, you are onto a winner, if it goes blunt every 5 or so minutes it's a skip job.

Back