chain morticers and beam cutters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its just like a smaller version of the mallof unit, but I bet you could knock uo a simple jig for it to be fastened at any angle around a tree.

There is next to no info or specs on the power output, but it must be around the 2 -3 kw area for it to cut a full 14 inches deep continuosly.

Looks like a whole slew of beam cutters, from baby to Grandpa. Specialized, like if you were making a cabin from scratch using the lumber onsite. That big one reminded me more of one of the Logosol units. Wonder how hard it is to push that thing through a huge log like that since you are kinda reaching UP and over. I would think you would need lots of upper body strength, and the next day your back would be asking for mercy.

Of course never having ran one... don't really know.

Raily , I'm trying to count the number of log or beam cutting saws that you have .

I currently have one band mill, a Rail-O-Matic monorail system and two CSM's 24" and 45" and various other attachments with these I can cut just about anything, anywhere, I would like a Ripsaw but we have no dealers her in the UK or Europe, that's a real pity too, because they would sell like crazy if they were available.

I have the trailer made for the mounted CSM/4 stroke, see picture below, it comes apart into two 10 foot beds and has the same saw frame and running gear as the band mill I made, Engine on this one B & S 10hp, 50" Cannon Superbar with a 325 sprocket and nose conversion, Oregon Chipmaster 10 degree ripping chain, cutting capacity 40" X 40".

I will post more pictures as soon as I have them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back