Chain mystery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forestviller

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Echo 620 and I use a Granberg portable electric sharpener.
I'm still breaking the saw in, original chain, only sharpened a handful of times.
The curious thing is that while sharpening, on one side only, I have a series of about 6 or 8 teeth that require me to adjust the angle on the Granberg from stock 35* to 45*.
At 45* this series of teeth match perfectly to the factory angle, the wear line mark etc.
Then the rest of the chain I go back to 35* and all is well and good.
But only on one side. It's just a nuisance that leaves me scratching my head.
Is this a known thing? It has to be something weird with the chain, a manufacturing error?

Echo 620 and I use a Granberg portable electric sharpener.
I'm still breaking the saw in, original chain, only sharpened a handful of times.
The curious thing is that while sharpening, on one side only, I have a series of about 6 or 8 teeth that require me to adjust the angle on the Granberg from stock 35* to 45*.
At 45* this series of teeth match perfectly to the factory angle, the wear line mark etc.
Then the rest of the chain I go back to 35* and all is well and good.
But only on one side. It's just a nuisance that leaves me scratching my head.
Is this a known thing? It has to be something weird with the chain, a manufacturing error?
jut file them to match the others and forget about it, don't put a different angle on them

Latest posts

Back