Chain saw protective clothing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arbor_chris

Reaction score
Hi,

I am an arborist in Europe and need information about chain saw protective clothing that can be used for climbing. It should be stretchable and tough enough to stand climbing in trees. Does anyone has experience with clothing like this and could recommend me a model. Are there different types for high and low temperatures also?
Thank you
Arborchris:)

where in europe are you mate,plenty on the market for all weathers ,etc,sip trousers are good imo,new stretch air on the market as well ,bit pricey tho ,

Hi,

I am located in central Europe, so it had to be for all weathers! I know stretch air clothing but here in Europe it is expensive and so I am looking for another replacement.

Thx :p

dont bother doesnt last long enough imo,SIP is the way to go ,better made and better wear characteristics,stretch air are for the fashion concious ,the work place is not the place for fashion ,its about comfort ,durability ,price ,not standing at the bar looking like a member of schumachers pit crew ,,,,,,,,

ive had mine 6 months now and theres barely a mark on them

tried a pair of stretch air ,the rip stop material snagged and pulled ,the knee protector stitching came away ,just my opinion but the SIP trousers are better constructed for the job in hand ,price and durability are major factors to be considered ,maybe i had a friday afternoon pair ,but am sticking with what i know ,as im sure you are ,also ,my backside used to get really cold and pink in the stretch airs,,,,,ooooeerrrrrr missssus

huskies

im currently in Huskies, the gaffer and a colleage both wear the stretch airs and nowt happened to them yet, ive stitched my trousers back together today, they are a year old though.

im after some stretchs, in blue though

jamie

you aren't giving much away chris regarding your centeral european location ,are you on the run ??? lol..back to your question ,i have a pair of sip freedom and i love them..welcome to AS where ever you are chris

Last edited:
the lord lucan of the tree business,he does the climbing ,Elvis does the clean uo and Buddy holly and Bruce lee grind the stumps,,,,,, :p only messing with ya ,welcome to the forum,

Thank you for your information about chain saw protective clothing that can be used for climbing. I am particulairly interested in clothes that are available on the US-American market. May be someone can tell me about american products.
Thank you
Arborchris :)

No really good American products here.

If you are in central europe, you don't need Class C protection so skip the SIP trousers.

StrechAir ;)

some of the boys here have got new SIP 5.1's. haven't had a shot meself but they are very light and stretchy. worth a look if your climbin everyday in them. front protection only, don't know if they do all round protection but presumeably its too hot where you are for all round.

as far as american...i've used the available stihl and husky pants. husky #1, stihl are comparable to "I"m a big kid now" pants :)

Latest posts

Back