chain sharpening with Oregon whuptido machine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sisco

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have a Still 044 with Stihl chain and Stihl 32 inch bar. Im using a Oregon newest model sharpener grinding machine. Can anyone tell me what the angle is supposed to be on the grinding wheel. Book says most are 60 degrees. Also the degree setting on the holding vise. I did sharpen one chain and eyeballed it and it does ok but I would like to know how its really supposed to be set. Thanks.

If you have the saws operators manual the chain grinding angles should be in the tech specs, if not download the manual from the Stihl web site.

hth

zzr

sisco said:
I have a Still 044 with Stihl chain and Stihl 32 inch bar. Im using a Oregon newest model sharpener grinding machine. Can anyone tell me what the angle is supposed to be on the grinding wheel. Book says most are 60 degrees. Also the degree setting on the holding vise. I did sharpen one chain and eyeballed it and it does ok but I would like to know how its really supposed to be set. Thanks.

60 in the back ,30 in the front ..Some go 25 in front...

Latest posts

Back