Chain teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the painted dots on pith of logs? I've seen it before and never knew what it was. Size markings?

Hey Marky, I hear there are devices they install in cars that you have to blow into and if you have too much alcohol it wont fire up. I wonder if that were hooked up to the computers of the brothers of the banned if it would make a difference, lol!

Crofter said:
Hey Marky, I hear there are devices they install in cars that you have to blow into and if you have too much alcohol it wont fire up. I wonder if that were hooked up to the computers of the brothers of the banned if it would make a difference, lol!

Hey Frank maybe you should have that gizzmo installed on your chain grinder, this way here you wouldn't grind dull chain :angel: Ol limpy gave up the BABA after the heart attack.

Last edited:
Marky, those chains are dull. I can clearly see the side plate has been flattened out by some kind of stone or something. It almost looks like it was run in the dirt. How can a chain that was run in the dirt cut good?
Plus, Gypo is a wise guy, nobody likes a wise guy. That must be why he was banned. If he was brought back, he might be wise again. We just can't have that here.
If this site is full of the top saw racers, and saw builders, guys that really know about saws, well, it would suck. Guys like me, that don't even know how to grease a muffler bearing, wouldn't be cool anymore.
I don't want to prattle on, but I will.
Real men like to know about saws. Chicks dig guys that know saws, that's just a fact.Why is it that the real men get banned from here?
The mods here are all right wing republican, christens. What does that have to do with chainsaws? Not one dag burned thing.
Chirst was a carpenter, he knew a thing or two about cutting wood. He'd be banned from this site for sure!

Marky Mark said:
Frank here's a few more John snapped today,
C13.jpg

C15.jpg

Marky, I see he got around to dressing the grinding whee. That is nice looking grinding and photography. Too bad he couldn't figure out why he keeps getting banned eh? That seems difficult for some people.

To my knowledge, Gyop has posted a close up of the fastest cutting chain on Arboristsite (with Marky's help). Yet he's banned. It doesn't make sense.
Crofter has gotten pretty good, but he's only as good as what he learned from the racers.
I agree with the point of this thread, let's get the real saw men back from being banned.
Maybe they could have their post filtered by one of the mods, then posted. :p

for a second there, I thought I was seeing Eric Clapton, the way he holds that guitar ...

attachment.php

Gypo's not just about setting up racing chains ... his little mpg-minivideos, have always had an educational component tucked away in them, like on proper use of felling spikes for bucking, and others, which I have appreciated and shared with others.

I wasn't going to respond to this thread,but will,in spite of myself.The little rascal has some know how,in spite of himself.Furthermore,in spite of our selves,we get caught up in the spirit of the moment,which sometimes,spites ourselves.For what it's worth,in spite of the bantering,I wish this fellow,and all the rest,no ill feelings.Most of the banned ,had good input,but,perhaps,bad choice of comments at the time.But,for the grace of God,there go I.It's so easy to get caught up in the moment,and not see,or appreciate the humor intended.Some times,perhaps,not intended.It would have been great,if we all agreed to disagree,but that was not in the cards,so to speak.I've said my piece,it's in the hands of the mods.

Mike Maas said:
To my knowledge, Gyop has posted a close up of the fastest cutting chain on Arboristsite (with Marky's help). Yet he's banned. It doesn't make sense.
Crofter has gotten pretty good, but he's only as good as what he learned from the racers.
I agree with the point of this thread, let's get the real saw men back from being banned.

:p

Mike they had to do the filtering thing with Don Cherry. Even when he went live, they had a 7 second time delay to give the controllers time to bleep his expletives. Is that lack of self control an inherent and essential trait of "real" saw men? Maybe your suggestion of having their posts vetted by the moderators is a good one. Unquestionably some of the banned posters have talent.
Mike I don't know what causes that apparent damage to the outside of the teeth; seems to happen when they cut too fast or something. I am starting to notice it on some of mine too, but of course I am just a learner so I will wait for enlightenment. Cant afford a grinder, so just have to put up with hand filing. Could sure take some lessons from Gypo on photography!

I always miss the good stuff! Why did Gypo get banned? What did he say?

Marky those chains look nice, but the cutters are huge. I saw at Joker's GTG that the cutters on the fastest chains were slightly larger than a sesame seed- kind of like the cutters shown in Crofter's pictures.

Also, notice how the underside of the top plate is thinned out. All the fast chains had that feature as well.

Bob

Why don't we have a "free for all Room" with no holds barred and enter at your own risk. Make it so you have to have your age verified before you have access. then we can let it rip. Fight, argue, whine, cry, get loud and mouthy, all while drinking a beer. If you don't like it, stay out. If you you can handle the BS, join in. It seems to me that a room like this would make things more interesting and still keep it a family friendly place. This could also be a good tool for the moderators; they could just move a thread when needed to the bar side of the building. Just a thought.

Marky, about half the rivet thickness has been taken down. going further might gain a bit of time but it makes some people nervous.
Mike those teeth could be reduced considerable yet and an 066 wont bend them in hardwood. They don't do much tearing of the wood so they never really get a chance to latch onto anything to bend themselves.
Gypos chains cut really nice. The surfaces are smooth and uniform and the control of the corner is right on. That degree of consistency is hard to keep when hand filing. Not impossible but takes time and effort. John is getting that new grinder to do what he wants; I think the chains he takes to the party will have a few refinements he is not showing here.

Back