Chain teeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was kicked around a few times about having the mud wrestling here in a room behind the curtains. Some people like it, some dont. I think it would be better than having the mud slinging on the open forum. If you think it would be good start a poll thread on it and lobby the powers in high places.

I've got an idea. Why don't we stop banning members. Instead, we could not allow them to post directly, but must have a moderator read the proposed post before allowing it. See, that way Netree would always be occupied reading Gypo's and Marky's and Blaster's posts--two birds with one stone so to speak. :p

After a while, the moderators would stop causing ???? and the members would stop posting ????, because they'd get sick of being censored. All the posters who feel ????-deprived would leave, because there'd be no ????! :p We'd still be up ???? creek, but at least we'd have a paddle. :p

MasterBlaster said:
Who's this gypo dood?

Gypo was one of the original posters on the Chainsaw forum that made it popular, a forum, by the way, you have said many times before you really have no interest in. He and his buddies created a site where the best of the best could come talk about their trade and yet a weekend warrior wouldn't feel alienated for asking about bar oil.
He had relivant and entertaining pictures attached to almost every post. I found myself looking for his posts everyday to see what kind of funny crud he was stirring up. I doubt this site would be here if it weren't for his contributions. It surely wouldn't be this popular.
Then because of some personal rift, between his group and yours (the moderators), they were driven out. Which is odd, because you and the moderators were never really participants in the chainsaw forum.

Sorry, I can't seem to recall the old boy. Too bad, he sounds like someone I coulda been friends with.

Chainsaw forum? :alien:

I think sometimes people just outgrow a scenario that stays at the same level. As Treeco said, most of what is on the chainsaw forum is just drivel to someone of a professional level racing or chain builder. It is not very likely that that will be much of a forum item, because that strategy is rather jealously guarded. It seems to me that the result is they get bored and condescending and start to make a nuisance of themselves like a 17 year old in grade school. I think some of the climbers get burned out too after the seventh discussion of the pros and cons of the different climbing hitches. I think most people who have spent a lot of time here have learned a lot, but there does seem to come a time of diminishing returns and a feeling of watching reruns. I mean really, how do you regain your wide eyed innocence and enthusiasm when it has become ho hum!

Crofter said:
I think sometimes people just outgrow a scenario that stays at the same level. As Treeco said, most of what is on the chainsaw forum is just drivel to someone of a professional level racing or chain builder. It is not very likely that that will be much of a forum item, because that strategy is rather jealously guarded. It seems to me that the result is they get bored and condescending and start to make a nuisance of themselves like a 17 year old in grade school. I think some of the climbers get burned out too after the seventh discussion of the pros and cons of the different climbing hitches. I think most people who have spent a lot of time here have learned a lot, but there does seem to come a time of diminishing returns and a feeling of watching reruns. I mean really, how do you regain your wide eyed innocence and enthusiasm when it has become ho hum!

very insightfull post ............

Good post Crofter, but I think it's more than that. To be entertaining, there needs to be relationships. No racer is going to just go a site and start spilling his secrets, he needs to get something in return. Most of what is exchanged here is not information, rather it's mostly entertainment. If I want to learn how to sharpen a saw, for example, I'd be a lot better off just going to oregon.com and reading a PDF file on the subject.

Mike, I think that is an essential part too; the realationships and entertainment factor after the information quest is fulfilled. If a person is not here for information or to share his with others then it must be for entertainment or as a stage for their performance. Problem develops in that what some find entertaining is repulsive to others. Animal rights and bullfighting; fighting pit bulls and pet poodles! Pretty hard to work them into the same arena on the same bill. Realistically, should you even try?

Yes,by George,it is entertaining,to say the least. :) On the subject of racing chains,they are just that,and nothing more.They are as impractical on a working saw as race slicks would be to a normal automobile.I will add that a lot of time has been spent by those of whom pursue this subject,and I'm sure that not all the info has been submitted.It does make for some interesting reading,with the included humor,which necessitated the use of keyboard protectors,on occasion.[It's physically impossible to swallow beverages and laugh at the same time.Laughter always wins :) ]

Sorry Marky I just read this thread, Gypo is forsure the biggest member that AS has ever had, he has brought more people here and posted more video, pictures that anyone period. If you were to ask how or why you are on AS Gypo's name would come up more than anyone else's by 10-1, Gypo showed me AS and that is the reason I am here, without him I would not be .
Yes Gypo has found another home to post at with his pictures and stuff but he could of posted here as well , to bad cause most people are missing out on a good laugh plus can learn as well from his posting

I would think he is not unreasneble, I am sure Darin or NeTree could come to an understanding with him as well the other banned members, if it was desierd.

Without Gypo, this is not the same.

THE END
Oak.jpg

Back