Chainsaw abuse at 4:32...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think he had that one pinched in the back cut. Then it went flying when the tree fell.

Whatcha tink? Take a look at about 4:30, I think you see it flying up over the butt, from where it was pinched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oz8YFW9IWk&NR=1

Why!?? WHY!????? [/drama]

Seriously, you can't move it out'a the fall line?:dizzy:

I think he had that one pinched in the back cut. Then it went flying when the tree fell.

Whatcha tink? Take a look at about 4:30, I think you see it flying up over the butt, from where it was pinched.

yup..that the tree had ahold of it and couldn't get it out....i bet you he was cussing!! i amagine he picked the saw up and still cut with it as well..although it may have bent the tip or compressed the bar rail down. about the only other thing would be breaking the chain brake handle(with is mounted on the clutch cover of a 395-which is what he was running) and is only supported on one side.

ive watched that movie several times..and enjoy it each one

I know I'm no faller, but that looks just plain stupid to me. Am I wrong? :confused:

what was so stupid about it...the not moving out of the way? didn't really look like he had a heck of alot of places to go...with all the slash around and all..if you guys only seen some of the stuff that you gotta do in the woods that "isn't by the book":monkey:

ive had stuff fall down at me and sometimes there isn't much you can do about it except bat it away...

but yes he could have looked up a little more as he was pounding away..

Last edited:
Upon further review (by slowing it down frame by frame), indeed, the saw was caught in the back-cut... Which is still retarded. No reason the let your saw go for a ride. He obviously had a second saw with him, which he could have used to retrieve the first.

Upon further review (by slowing it down frame by frame), indeed, the saw was caught in the back-cut... Which is still retarded. No reason the let your saw go for a ride. He obviously had a second saw with him, which he could have used to retrieve the first.

he was still cutting the tree...and as the tree started to fall it was caught in the kerf...he didn't have a chance to cut it out...the tree was already on the ground

I think you may be right... I went frame by frame again... I reckon he cut an important part of the video, so we can see it clearly.

I think it got stuck on the left side as he hit rot. The good wood sat down on his bar... Seems like as it fell, he had time to grab it out'a there, but opted to back away (as he should have) to be safe.

Those rotten bast**ds are dang unpredictable... They want to walk off the stump any which way they please.

He gets kudos for his attitude... Most guys I know would have started cussing up a storm.:censored:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oz8YFW9IWk&NR=1

Why!?? WHY!????? [/drama]

Seriously, you can't move it out'a the fall line?:dizzy:

That tree fell the way it was faced. The rotten wood pulled a plug out of the stump that had the saw bar stuck in it. It looks like he anticipated it and did not dog in, but still got it snatched away.
It is very unlikely that he had another saw with him. When you are working that kind of ground you minimize everything that you have to carry.

Why does it seem that everyone that posts a video to youtube tries to make a music video out of it?

I don't get all the family photos...

I think his sister might have grown up into a hottie :spam:

Good choice of music.

Some fine filming of some big trees falling.

Latest posts

Back