Chainsaw help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan Bruce

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I bought a homelite 360 and super 2 for 20$ not long ago, i drained the fuel in the 360 and put new fuel in it and it started but it wont run full throttle. I cleaned the carb twice and then rebuilt it, I got a new spark plug but it still wont run right. It has amazing compression and will run for a little but then it dies if you feather the choke you can get it to run for a little but it wont rev up all the way, I am thinking my problem is in the carbertour any help would be great!

Go to you tube and checkout donyboy post on carb rebuilding he shows how to adjust the diagram to the needle. Easy.

Go to you tube and checkout donyboy post on carb rebuilding he shows how to adjust the diagram to the needle. Easy.

thankyou, that video was helpful I haven't been in these small 2 stroke carbs much, im gonna go do that now!

We’re would we be without the internet? Its a information highway.

It’s good to bookmark donyboy73 on you tube.

So I got that carb apart, I had the gaskets on wrong and had adjusted the metering lever. When I went to start it I forgot to adjust the carb to factory settings and got gas in the exhaust :(, I will try again tomorrow. I adjusted both jets to one turn. Thanks for all the help!

Hey guys I bought a homelite 360 and super 2 for 20$ not long ago, i drained the fuel in the 360 and put new fuel in it and it started but it wont run full throttle. I cleaned the carb twice and then rebuilt it, I got a new spark plug but it still wont run right. It has amazing compression and will run for a little but then it dies if you feather the choke you can get it to run for a little but it wont rev up all the way, I am thinking my problem is in the carbertour any help would be great!
Check the intake boot for crack's it's very common for those to fail on that series.

Back