chainsaw mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldfingers

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hi all,
i live in the uk, at the moment i use a logster light a bit like the alaskan mills
im looking for a carriage type mill for my chainsaw the ones i have seen advertised logosol dont take very thick logs.
and the logster pro is a bit of a heavy monster. just wanted to know if there were any other versions in the uk around the £800 -£ 900 pounds mark.
thanks
kev.
p.s using 36 inch bar.

hi all,
i live in the uk, at the moment i use a logster light a bit like the alaskan mills
im looking for a carriage type mill for my chainsaw the ones i have seen advertised logosol dont take very thick logs.
and the logster pro is a bit of a heavy monster.

I had a look at the logster pro on the web and given it is a carriage mill it doesn't look like a monster to me.
Carriage mills need to be quite rugged as they usually have to be able to bear the weight of the whole log.

What's the problem with the Alaskan you currently have?

mill weight

you can make a light mill if it is braced correctly my 20 ft mill complete weighs 1100 lbs complete . the mill itsself has 780 lbs of steel, about 30 lbs of welding wire , and i gal of paint . the rest of the weight is the wheel assembly the carrage with 18 hp briggs, 3 gal of gas 3 gal oil , 2 winches and mic bolts and nuts

I had a look at the logster pro on the web and given it is a carriage mill it doesn't look like a monster to me.
Carriage mills need to be quite rugged as they usually have to be able to bear the weight of the whole log.

What's the problem with the Alaskan you currently have?

in response the portable mill i have after 5 hours is very tiring and dosnt give a accurate cut as the carriage.
the logster pro is a heavy beast the frame is very heavy and takes 2 men to lift.
i need something i can move about myself.

in response the portable mill i have after 5 hours is very tiring and dosnt give a accurate cut as the carriage.
the logster pro is a heavy beast the frame is very heavy and takes 2 men to lift.
i need something i can move about myself.

there are mills out there that are very accurate and easily handled, and would probably fit your needs very well. unfortunately i can't provide any links as i was scolded and almost booted off the site for doing so... bob is the right person to talk too though, maybe he can help you make your own, i understand that not all people want to make thier own but may be a vaible option for you.

Portable Sawmills, Sawmill Plans by Procut Portable Sawmills Check out this website. I know that a lot of these have been built over the years, and they look pretty straighforward. Would be easy to upgrade the cutting head to a bandmill down the road as well.

had a good look at the website the mills look great
very portable just emailing the company now seeing if i can afford to have it sent over here
as in the uk we are stung by import tax.
thanks for the link

portiable mill

what you should do is just mill up into as large of cants that you can move just to get them home and resaw them at home.

Latest posts

Back