Chainsaw names...for children

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is probably the weirdest post I'll ever make. To get started, I'm completely sober.

So my wife and I are expecting our first child in June. The name search has begun. We passed on the chance of finding out if it's going to be a boy or girl. Now we have to pick a boy's name and girl's name just to be ready. My wife's reading on the internet. I'm looking for more every day items that you say and never think of using as a name. I spend quite a bit of my spare time around chainsaws so think I found a couple of good options.

Boy = Caber (Cabe for short) - from the ring supplier
Girl = Mahle - who hasn't heard of these cylinders?

You guys got anything else chainsaw related? "Piston" was shot down hard. She just giggled when I said "Clutch". Someone must have thought of this before. I'm going to need several months to get this one approved. Believe it or not Caber is getting close to approval. I'm told I have a vote but I think she has 2.

congrats on expecting you are in for a wild ride (we had our first last june). I like unique names aswell. i tried to convince my wife into all types of off the wall names aswell. From day one i wanted to name my boy Hunter and she was hesitant. once he was born i said mHunter and it just fit him so well. he is great and i cant imagine him with any other name.

A few others i like........ Cameron (Cam), Deisel, buckshot

Lancaster, Dayton, Reed, Remington, Skarie, Andreas....

Named my daughter Amanda and my son Walker. Not the Texas Ranger but Walker Evans race truck driver.

Gage-like Gauge, but with a humanlike spelling, once knew a kid with that name.

Raker

Coil

Link

Arch-as in Log Arch

From day one i wanted to name my boy Hunter and she was hesitant. once he was born i said mHunter and it just fit him so well. he is great and i cant imagine him with any other name.

A few others i like........ Cameron (Cam), Deisel, buckshot

We talked about Hunter too! It's a great name. Unfortunately we adopted a dog 2 years ago that was already named Hunter. He's a retired greyhound that's going to be with us for a while. That name's off the list.

Last edited:
I can't believe how many great names I got out of this thread. I'm seriously making a list. Bailey is a good one. I guess if it comes down to choosing between a sponsor and non-sponser I'm kind of obliged to go with the sponsor?? I have to read the forum rules again!:cheers:

What about Rispin?? (Wrist pin)

You're not worried about the repercussions of your child finding out you named them after power equipment parts? :biggrinbounce2:

Latest posts

Back