Chainsaw names...for children

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mac would be classic for a boy, a girl...I cant think of anything off the top of my head chainsaw wise.. but I did always like the name Gabrielle or Isobel.

Last edited:
You're not worried about the repercussions of your child finding out you named them after power equipment parts? :biggrinbounce2:

It's crossed my mind. My shop is painted in Stihl colors. If I named a kid Andreas or Stihl they'd be doomed. How could a kid give you grief for having a cool name like Clutch?

I know, just messin with ya :laugh:

On the other hand - what's he gonna do for a nickname when his given name is already "Clutch"!!!

Along the solo line, how about REX? Hopefully not "twin".....

Not sure if I like "Magnum" for a boy, but Maggie might work for a girl?

Carlton?

Bernard Hiene invinted the first chainsaw follwed by Andreas Stihl and Joseph Buford Cox
Case, buck, spike. dawg.

Along the solo line, how about REX? Hopefully not "twin".....

Not sure if I like "Magnum" for a boy, but Maggie might work for a girl?

Carlton?

Rex is pretty good. I like it. Magnum...as in Magnum PI? That'd be a tough sell to my wife. Every time she'd look at him she'd think of Tom Selleck's mustache. Carlton is off limits. I've seen too many Fresh Prince of Bel Air reruns.

This is probably the weirdest post I'll ever make. To get started, I'm completely sober.

So my wife and I are expecting our first child in June. The name search has begun. We passed on the chance of finding out if it's going to be a boy or girl. Now we have to pick a boy's name and girl's name just to be ready. My wife's reading on the internet. I'm looking for more every day items that you say and never think of using as a name. I spend quite a bit of my spare time around chainsaws so think I found a couple of good options.

Boy = Caber (Cabe for short) - from the ring supplier
Girl = Mahle - who hasn't heard of these cylinders?

You guys got anything else chainsaw related? "Piston" was shot down hard. She just giggled when I said "Clutch". Someone must have thought of this before. I'm going to need several months to get this one approved. Believe it or not Caber is getting close to approval. I'm told I have a vote but I think she has 2.

Brother in law named his boy Ruger... yeah, after the gun :) his wife never said a word about it, just accepted it when he said she could name their next kid if it was a girl. Then he got fixed about 3 weeks after the kid came out... WINNER! lol

Me too :) Maybe other kids would nickname him Timothy or William??

Funny you say that - My dad's name is Timothy and his dad's name was William....

What would you do if he wants nothing to do with chainsaws? :msp_thumbdn: Kinda take the fun out of it. Gonna have to get her/him started at a young age cutting stuff up! :laugh:

Brother in law named his boy Ruger... yeah, after the gun :) his wife never said a word about it, just accepted it when he said she could name their next kid if it was a girl. Then he got fixed about 3 weeks after the kid came out... WINNER! lol

A story similar to yours is what got me started with thinking saws and kids names. A friend of a friend named his first son Easton after his favorite hockey stick (maybe this is a Canadian thing). Next kid was another hockey gear name. I'm thinking it was Koho after his hockey gloves or something similar. Why not is what I say.

You could always go with the classics in the saw world. Names like Windsor, Carlton, Partner, Pioneer, Orline, Lombard...Woodshark.

I had the same thought with our first child, though I was in to tractors at the time. Thought about Oliver, John Deere and Allis Chalmers. The last two would work for chain saws.

As a person who has a weird name (to me) I would highly consider that what goes on the birth certificate is going to be the person's name for their entire life. There are all kinds of great nicknames and you can call your kid whatever you want but personally I feel that giving kids a real unique legal name is not doing them a favor. If I Google my name, every reference that comes up is me. I don't think everyone needs to be named Joseph or Charles but some of the creative names that parents come up with are going to hang around their kids neck like an albatross. Just an opinion from a guy that wished he had a more ordinary name...

As a person who has a weird name (to me) I would highly consider that what goes on the birth certificate is going to be the person's name for their entire life. There are all kinds of great nicknames and you can call your kid whatever you want but personally I feel that giving kids a real unique legal name is not doing them a favor. If I Google my name, every reference that comes up is me. I don't think everyone needs to be named Joseph or Charles but some of the creative names that parents come up with are going to hang around their kids neck like an albatross. Just an opinion from a guy that wished he had a more ordinary name...

You're killing me with suspense...:hmm3grin2orange: I didn't even have a say in the naming of my two little ones. My name is Jim and my wife is Mary, Jim and Mary Smith. She said that was enough John Doe style names for our little family.

Don't tell me... fearofpavement is your first name. :laugh:

You bring up a good point. Crazy names are something the kid will have to live with. That's not the goal. I'm not even that big of a fan of names with unique spellings (Mahle). Every role call in school for life the girl would have to put up with different mis-pronounciations.

However, I have no problem with Caber, Rex, Bailey and maybe even Madsen. Heck maybe even Dayton or Gauge. THanks for those that contributed!

Let's face it. I'm just the guy that suggests the names. The "voice of reason" (my wife) will make sure the kid won't be scarred because of a name choice.

Latest posts

Back