Chainsaw names...for children

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a "different" name. Orion (O-Ryan)
Please name him Mike or her Jill. Weird names suck to grow up with and aren't that creative anymore. I cant pronounce the names of most of the kids in my daughters class, or determine their sex if I just see it written. Valentines were a challenge.

Bailey's catologue showed up

Well, the Bailey's catalogue showed up yesterday. That's usually treat enough in itself. Then I showed my wife the "Caber" rings. While pointing at the pic I said something like "that's going to be our boy's name". She didn't say it was stupid. I think Caber may be gaining a bit of momentum. We'll finally agree on a boys name and then end up having a girl...

Well, the Bailey's catalogue showed up yesterday. That's usually treat enough in itself. Then I showed my wife the "Caber" rings. While pointing at the pic I said something like "that's going to be our boy's name". She didn't say it was stupid. I think Caber may be gaining a bit of momentum. We'll finally agree on a boys name and then end up having a girl...

Careful. Remember that caber is also a long pole that gets tossed around by big, sweaty Scotsmen for fun.

:kilt:

Wooden pole

Good point on the wooden pole. Oh well. Caber Bennett entered the world on Monday night. Still haven't met anyone that knows that a caber is a wooden pole. I still can't believe I convinced my wife that Caber could be a boy's name. If he hates it he can go by Bennett:laugh:

View attachment 188026

Last edited:
Congratulations to you and Caber's mother!

:cheers:
itsaboycigars-1.jpg

Thanks guys. We thought we were going to have a girl and were surprised to see the boy.

He was born on 6/20 but wasn't officially due until 6/28. So I was surprised when my wife got me a father's day gift on 6/19. Neatest little chainsaw I've ever played with. She said it was to teach our child (girl or boy) chainsaw safety as she assumed our child would be exposed to chainsaws early on. It came with an owner's manual, extra chain and a wrench for changing it out. Runs on 3 AA batteries. The H and L screws don't turn so no easy way to adjust the carb after mods. Flippy caps don't open. Here's a link of one youtube video of one in action.

YouTube - ‪Stihl's newest chain saw the 0100‬‏

Congratulations! One of the Scouts in our troop is named Caber. He is a great kid and will be an Eagle Scout before the year is out. I hope yours will be too. BTW the family is Scottish, the dad's name is Darth.

Dolly for a girl? Play dumb and claim patriotism if pressed.:D
"Wedge" maybe for a boy?

"Kerf" almost sounds normal for a boys name these days. The new age diffwits will likely copy it and make ya cranky though.

If ya do go with a Saw themed name for the Kid, make sure the wife dosn't find out.
Carrie Fisher, as Joliet Jakes ex-wife in the blues brothers, comes to mind.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Congratulations! One of the Scouts in our troop is named Caber. He is a great kid and will be an Eagle Scout before the year is out. I hope yours will be too. BTW the family is Scottish, the dad's name is Darth.

It's actually nice to know there's another kid out there with the same name. Doubtful Darth will make it on the short list for our next child.

My parents had an agreement, any daughters my mom got to name and any sons my dad would name. They had three boys and we're all named after Nascar drivers.

Back