Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1001571pl9.jpg
My lowly collection!

359, 372 and 385

Sweet saw. I love the 655. How do you like the 450?

the 450 was the first saw i have ever bought, i'm sort of a noob, and didnt know alot about saws when i bought it, if i had it to do over i would have dropped the extra bread on a 346xp, but it is a good saw for what it is intended for, i think my next one is gonna be a 372xpw....

Walk Behind Saws

In honor of my 200th post, I decided to contribute something to the forum, instead of begging for rep (which is what I really wanted to do).

These are photos from a lumber yard that I visited. They use these to cut stacks of lumber and wood products to rough length, according to customer needs.

What's remarkable about the saws is that they have a lot of similarities with some of the earliest chain saws, developed over a hundred years ago, and are used in a similar way: in lumber yards for cutting to length, and not in the woods for felling.

(sorry that the photos are a bit fuzzy)

Philbert

Last edited:
I finally got arround to listing some of mine. Not as pretty as some I see on here, but I like them.
The second is a Homelite 330 that I bought it and the case for $15.00. It needed a boot, fuel lines and carb. kit. It will leak all the gas out and I can not find out where it is leaking. I have had the saw apart several times and pressurerized the tank and still have not found the leak.
The third is a Poulan Pro 525 that I have had sold for $200.00 to two different guys for a year if I could get it to tun. I cleaned the filter and carb today and now it runs. I think I will keep it.
The fourth is a Poulan 66 geardrive that I bought a while back for $40.00. Everthing is there and in good shape. Another future project.
The first is a McCulloch 7-55 that I bought a couple months ago. Have not tryied to get it running at present. Future project.
The fifth is a Homelite Super Xl I bought for $25.00. I put a carb. kit in it and it is a strong runner.

If someone can change the pictures so that they will open without having to click on the link I would appreciate It. I am on a learning curve.
I just figured out how to down size the pictures tonight.
I have some more that I will list at a later date. Thanks Tom

pp525?!? my kid is looking for his baby brother!! for sale?!?

Here are two of my saws, the little Homelite was found at a Garage sale this summer for $20.00, w/case, manual, two extra chains, and the original manual and price tag $164.95... I was happy that day....

My other is the 029 and my FIL's 066, which he just put a new 24" bar on, since the pic.

saw.jpg

saws_640.jpg

cutting_log_640.jpg

Back