Chainsaw Photos

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The newer saws I have are nice but this one will always sit at the head of the table!! :clap:

What do you use to replace plug threads?

Thanks, Fred
Fred. There is a kit on the market, something like a Heli Coil. I can't remeber the proper name for it, but it warks basicly the same way as I'm told.
For the Decals for yor Chain Saw, you might be able to get them to look original. I know for the old Farm Equipment you can get original looking Decals for them. Bruce.

Yup, boil the gas in the tank. My dad used it allot more then I did, he said on many occasion it boiled the gas in the tank. Makes life interesting! It happened to me once when cutting in the hot summer.

Yep we have 3 Makita rbc420e strimmers and one of them will boil the mix!

Fred. There is a kit on the market, something like a Heli Coil. I can't remeber the proper name for it, but it warks basicly the same way as I'm told.
For the Decals for yor Chain Saw, you might be able to get them to look original. I know for the old Farm Equipment you can get original looking Decals for them. Bruce.

http://www.timesert.com/
The people on AS seem to rate these very highly!

Well I'm not near as well heeled as some of you boys but here's my stable at the moment. Two 330 EVLP's and a 670. Second pic is the 670 with the new 20" GB bar hawaiipastryguy sent to me. Going to test it out later this week.

Well I'm not near as well heeled as some of you boys but here's my stable at the moment. Two 330 EVLP's and a 670. Second pic is the 670 with the new 20" GB bar hawaiipastryguy sent to me. Going to test it out later this week.
You got some fine saws there. They look good to me. I did notice that you plan on adding more though because of this statement[heres my stable at the MOMENT.] Yep you got cad.

Well I'm not near as well heeled as some of you boys but here's my stable at the moment. Two 330 Ev's and a 670. Second pic is the 670 with the new 20" GB bar hawaiipastryguy sent to me. Going to test it out later this week.

It's not the Stable that counts for any thing. It's what's inside it that counts. Nice looking Saws you have there. At the moment, I have out grown my Stable, so I'm going to have to build an addition onto it if I wish to House more Saws, and get some more $$$$ first.
Since I joined this Web Site, my 5 Chain Saws grew into 13, in 2months. This Web Site, and eBay, and a couple of Small Engine Repair Shops, with piles of Parts Saws, have caused a Severe Addiction to Chain Saws. Bruce.

Stihl Sawing & Bruce,
Yea I'm definitley planning to add to the collection. I have too many other hobbies though and it seems no matter what you do for fun you can spend some serious coin on it.

Right now it's all about function for me. I need to cut firewood. This is my 2nd season burning it to heat my house and I don't plan on going back to petroleum based fuel for that, ever. I hope to put in an outdoor wood stove within the next year or two. I'll really be going through some wood at that point.

I know they get knocked around here a lot but so far I like the Echos. I like Stihl just as much though. I used a few out in NM while I lived out there. I had a friend who was burning to heat his home out there and I would practically beg him to go cut timber with him. I was never around though when he was splittin'!

Anyway, I've got my eye out for some of the older 40 & 50 cc Echos. I'd like to get a couple of those. Once I have a few good firewood saws and perhaps some of my other hobbies take a back seat I'll test the waters of some of the other brands. Of course if someone has an 090G they want $50 for by all means I'd consider it. LOL.

Stihl Sawing & Bruce,
Yea I'm definitley planning to add to the collection. I have too many other hobbies though and it seems no matter what you do for fun you can spend some serious coin on it.

Right now it's all about function for me. I need to cut firewood. This is my 2nd season burning it to heat my house and I don't plan on going back to petroleum based fuel for that, ever. I hope to put in an outdoor wood stove within the next year or two. I'll really be going through some wood at that point.

I know they get knocked around here a lot but so far I like the Echos. I like Stihl just as much though. I used a few out in NM while I lived out there. I had a friend who was burning to heat his home out there and I would practically beg him to go cut timber with him. I was never around though when he was splittin'!

Anyway, I've got my eye out for some of the older 40 & 50 cc Echos. I'd like to get a couple of those. Once I have a few good firewood saws and perhaps some of my other hobbies take a back seat I'll test the waters of some of the other brands. Of course if someone has an 090G they want $50 for by all means I'd consider it. LOL.

WOW!!! for $50.00, your not asking for much are you. LOL. Bruce.

Stihl Sawing & Bruce,
Yea I'm definitely planning to add to the collection. I have too many other hobbies though and it seems no matter what you do for fun you can spend some serious coin on it.

The Oil Companies are not very Happy With Me. I haven't burned a Drop of Furnace Oil in 3 years. I have a Wood/Oil Combination Furnace in our House, and heat it with it no problem.
Insurance Company ordered Us to replace the Furnace Oil Tank in the Basement, 3 years ago, or they would cancel our Insurance Policy. The Insurance Company said that our Furnace Oil Tank was too old.
I told them to Screw the New Furnace Oil Tank, and I'd buy a few more gallons of Gas, and a little more Two-Stroke oil, and cut a few more cords of wood to heat the House with. No Problem what so ever. Bruce.

My first saw

Not a chainsaw, but my first saw nonetheless!
scan0001.jpg

Back