chainsaw purchase

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rrgcp

Reaction score
Any good sites to buy an echo CS-670? Or would you recommend a different brand. It will be for heavy farm use. Thanks

We're talking about a saw about 70ccs?
In this size we have a Stihl 440, 441, 446. There's also a Husky 372 and 575. Some might argue for the Dolmar 7900. A real cheapo might, on a bad day suggest a "preowned" version of one of these saws. But Echo? Maybe in the homeowner class, 50cc and under, but a 70cc saw?
It's like saying, "I have $50,000 to spend on a sports car, I think I'll look at Hyundia."

for farm use?
I would suggest a jonsered2165 or husky265 with a 20" bar. alot of bang for the buck. buy from your local dealer so you get good service. any money you save on internet is not as important as good as dealer support

Welcome to AS. I own several pieces of Echo equipment. They all start easily, and are well built. I own a couple of Huskys that I really like also. If you are still interested in Echo, they have a dealer locator function on their web site. Bailey's, a sponsor here on AS, also can get Echo equipment for you.

http://www.echo-usa.com/

Stihl or Husky.
Buy it from a local dealer....support & service means everything.

Ed

Please forget the Echo 670 - there is a reson that they don't publish power ratings any more.

3.23 kW/4.4 hp is hardly impressive for a 14 lbs, 67 cc saw. :censored:

I can't say about the Echo 670...but the other Echos I've seen seem like pro quality equipment. Personally I'd buy a Stihl 440 or a used 044 or 038 magnum and run it with a 24-28" bar for everyday use or if its going to be in big wood all the time or softwood a 32" with full skip chain.

In addition to what has already been said, when the time comes that you need a part, it may be difficult to get it. The Echo 670 is not nearly as common as a 440.

squisher said:
ya know it. Go Stihl or go home. I've got one piece of Echo in the collection and it is the last one I'll ever own.

We run 2 Stihl's, 1 Husky, & 1 Echo....we will be replacing the Echo with another Stihl soon. The Stihl 460 is a great saw.

Latest posts

Back