Chainsaw races, Houston County Fair

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What are the classes? That's not to far for me to go check out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the thing is real informal. The will run antiques, two man, modern and modded saws.

The former owner of the chainsaw shop used to chuckle when asked about his saws. All he would say was, "It's a real good running stock saw".:innocent:

There is one former worker of the saw shop that built a 288XP, that is piped. Nothing and I mean nothing comes even close to it.

My 288XP that I built with the owner of the shop is a "real good running stock saw" that spanked a new MS661 last year.

ienmmf.jpg

Do they all run square race chains to or aren't they that serious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meeting at the saw shop at 10:30am to help Nate and the boys get things set up. They had 12 x 12" white oak cants made at Staggermeyer barrel and stave works. Anybody can compete, bring a saw or most will let you try one.

We had a great turnout and weather was perfect. I was wrong, the cants were poplar.

Piped saws were just a singing. The piped 288 mentioned above was defeated and not running like usual compared to the competition. The saw shop has a tradition of throwing a saw together the day before and running it. That saw a 395 XP and 394XP, both shop saws and piped were dominating the day. The old 394 was unstoppable.

The Minnesota farm boys are serious about their saws. One was running alky and would not even hint as to what kind of fuel he had, but it sure wasn't gas and may attract the interest of homeland security.:innocent:

Latest posts

Back