5th annual Chainsaw Races at Chisago County Fair 7/22/17

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andydodgegeek

The stool maker
Reaction score
I am still alive. I have not been on here in a long time. Friday, July 22 at about 4 pm we will be having our 5th year of Chainsaw Racing at the Chisago County Fair. It is always a good time and everyone is invited to come and play. We have classes for stock, woods ported, and new this year will be an additional unlimited class. Might try a few different things to keep everyone on their toes. If you can make it great, if you can let me know, even better. Thanks

For all the crap Andy gives me about bad autocorrected posting... Then he puts the wrong danged day of the week.... Heh heh

:dumb2:

Hope to see you all there!!!

Remember to come early (before the parade) to get a decent parking spot and be prepared to start when the parade ends. Schedule says 430, but we pretty much start whenever the parade ends.
Here's a link to the website for the fair schedule... http://www.chisagocountyfair.org/fair-schedule.html

Got my new piston ring and oil seals in my echo today so it's kinda fresh now. Hope there are some 335t echos and 200t for some good competition. Heard talk of a couple more 355t owners here n there so hope they show up

Update for the races:
There will be 3 classes available for each cc size. Definitions of the classes may be subject to further refinement, but are listed below:
BONE STOCK - defined as NO performance enhancements - this is designed to make it fun for locals and beginners as well
WOODS PORTED - if you've got a cut squish, decked cylinder, altered port timing, muffler modification, or thinned carb shaft, you'll be in this class.
RACE SAW - if you have a 2 piece head, the saw runs on something other than gas/2stroke, you have a non-original carb/intake, or run an expansion pipe, you'll be in this class.
VINTAGE - your saw was manufactured prior to chain brakes
As in previous years, there will be plaques presented to the Stock and mod class winners. Adding the race saw class is new this year - we did not request trophy plaques for it yet - sorry, maybe next year, we'll see how it goes. We'll be running in the following size classes:
35 & under (by recent request, but no trophy available)
36-45 cc
46-55 cc
56-65 cc
66-75 cc
76-86 cc
over 86 cc
Vintage
There are often groups of saws such as Zips that will group and run in classes for fun. All are welcome!
We'll be bringing race cants of various sizes. Your cut area will be measured and marked at 5" so we can get the most out of the wood. If we can, we'll grab an extra round or two to play with.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!

And of coarse you will tear down all the winners to make sure they conform.
Now just because I have a bigger hole in my muffler I gotta go against a ported saw,
You couldn't leave well enough alone, I guess I don't have a stock saw to run those rules.

Now just because I have a bigger hole in my muffler I gotta go against a ported saw,
You couldn't leave well enough alone, I guess I don't have a stock saw to run those rules.
John,
That's certainly not the intent and I'm sorry you feel this way.

The point was to make it a bit more competitive and enjoyable for new folks and locals who don't know about that kind of thing, so they don't feel as though there's no chance of winning.

As noted in the previous post, the rules are subject to further definition. I'm not ruling out the possibility of adjusting the rules, but we've done this based on feedback from the few folks who have tried and been beaten badly by saws with small performance enhancements like muffler mods.

As far as tearing down people's saws that is not going to happen. We will just have to trust that people will be honest. After all this is all just for fun anyways. Nothing is set in stone, we can make up rules as we go along. This isn't NASCAR. [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Not my rodeo but I prefer to take a man at his word.

My word is this, I'm being up front, my saws don't meet your new rules, no sense my being there, you all have fun.
As far as newbys being being whipped by well tuned saws that's exactly the way I started, & I still don't win much. It's the same in any sport beginers gotta learn what works or keep losing.
I have learned that my muff modded gasketless 346 ain't gonna beat Andy's ported 346, but you put them in the same class.
I am left with 2 maybe 3 competitive saws that meet your criteria.

Latest posts

Back