Chainsaw Size Recommendation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m not expert by any means just cut a few trees a yr for about 10-12 cord of wood and I had a stihl ms290 and ms390 sold both of them and bought a echo cs620. the 680 is the biggest they make and might work great for you but in my opinion I would buy another echo in a second if I had to replace my saw. Just my 2 cents good luck

So why do they even sell the Husqvarna 465 with a 28-inch bar? Even on Husqvarna website they say the 465 can take up to a 28-inch bar? If it ain't going to work then they should not even sell it.

So why do they even sell the Husqvarna 465 with a 28-inch bar? Even on Husqvarna website they say the 465 can take up to a 28-inch bar? If it ain't going to work then they should not even sell it.
I'm sure it will run a 28" but it's just not the best setup for the saw. For occasional use, it'll be fine. The ranch class saws are more budget- friendly too. Not everybody wants to spend $750-$1,000 for a pro saw.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

I’m not expert by any means just cut a few trees a yr for about 10-12 cord of wood and I had a stihl ms290 and ms390 sold both of them and bought a echo cs620. the 680 is the biggest they make and might work great for you but in my opinion I would buy another echo in a second if I had to replace my saw. Just my 2 cents good luck

The cs 800 is the biggest echo sells in the u.s. at 80cc.

Its an advertising trick.

If that 465 had a muffler mod how would it do with that 28 inch bar? With skip chain? Very little info out there on the 465 it seems. Auto tune saw too. Those that have one, what's your opinion?

Latest posts

Back