Change in Carlton Chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is not a secret that the 3 brands now has the same owner (Blount), and that has been the situation for a few years.

The Windsor stuff currently sold in France is rebranded Oregon, isn't it?
The Windsor kit we can get seems to be produced in Belgium. But as Blount has a factory there it's difficult to know if it's a pattern of Oregon or if it still has it's own identity or all the same parts stamped either Windsor or Oregon

The Windsor kit we can get seems to be produced in Belgium. But as Blount has a factory there it's difficult to know if it's a pattern of Oregon or if it still has it's own identity or all the same parts stamped either Windsor or Oregon

Blounts Euro headquarter and distribution senter is in Belgium, but I didn't know they had a bar and chain factory there?

. . . he replied " well the same guy makes it all, it depends on what he feels like stamping on the drive links & tie straps" . . .

Oregon bought Carlton and ran it as a separate factory, although, I heard that they may have closed it. Many companies segment their markets and make different products under different brand identities. Look at Husqvarna/Poulan. Toro/LawnBoy. Etc.

Just because things come from the same factory, does not mean that they are the same. I used to work in hot dog plants, and . . . . , well, let's just say that it is worth it to buy the better hot dogs! Sometimes they make things with different quality materials, and sometimes they make things of equal quality, but different specifications to meet different markets, demands, expectations. KFC sells original recipe and extra crispy chicken. Pizza Hut offers several different crust options. All similar quality (whether you like them or not!), but not 'the same'.

Blounts Euro headquarter and distribution senter is in Belgium, but I didn't know they had a bar and chain factory there?

Niko, we have talked about this before! http://www.kox.eu/

Philbert

Oregon bought Carlton and ran it as a separate factory, although, I heard that they may have closed it. Many companies segment their markets and make different products under different brand identities. Look at Husqvarna/Poulan. Toro/LawnBoy. Etc.

Just because things come from the same factory, does not mean that they are the same. I used to work in hot dog plants, and . . . . , well, let's just say that it is worth it to buy the better hot dogs! Sometimes they make things with different quality materials, and sometimes they make things of equal quality, but different specifications to meet different markets, demands, expectations. KFC sells original recipe and extra crispy chicken. Pizza Hut offers several different crust options. All similar quality (whether you like them or not!), but not 'the same'.

Philbert

Yes, that is true - except I believe it was Blount that bought Carlton, not Oregon. They bought Windsor as well, and then there are KOX (not sold in the US i believe).

Yes, that is true - except I believe it was Blount that bought Carlton, not Oregon. They bought Windsor as well, and then there are KOX (not sold in the US i believe).
You are correct, as usual ST!

I think of them as families of companies. Technically, 'Husqvarna' probably did not buy all those other saw companies, but some division of Electrolux or something like that too!

Philbert

You are correct, as usual ST!

I think of them as families of companies. Technically, 'Husqvarna' probably did not buy all those other saw companies, but some division of Electrolux or something like that too!

Philbert
Most of the brands etc. that is owned by the Husqvarna OPE Group was "inherited" from Electrolux - but they have added more later (including Zenoah/Redmax).

Got a loop of new LG and one LPX on Ebay for 28 bucks shipped.. I'll take that all day.

I guess we'll see how it compares to the Carlton.

As far as I understand kox was an indepedent company that sold Blount/Oregon equipment and paralell sold rebranded "kox" = oregon equipment as well at a much cheaper price than oregon original. So they eventually were bought by blount/oregon.

As far as I understand kox was an indepedent company that sold Blount/Oregon equipment and paralell sold rebranded "kox" = oregon equipment as well at a much cheaper price than oregon original. So they eventually were bought by blount/oregon.

Sounds right to me - but I don't know everything! ;)

cripes a friggin mighty!!!!! you rebuild it for him??

Yeah, I got sucked into that. Might have sounded like whining if I told how bizarrely complicated it is to get a 441C apart & back together. Rube Goldberg would freak with delight. I keep trying to deprogram some folks- Andreas Stihl is not God. Takes time.

The Quote was from a local dealer who is a bit of a joker I have no knowledge if in fact the quality, production, etc. is the same, just that the box usually says ( translated) Product of Belgium.

Philbert

I have no knowledge as to who is the owner's of KOX , but the last catalog I had showed 2 chain quality's the " Cooking pot quality" manufactured by ( No idea) could be Chicom & the "super " which was of Oregon's production.

Latest posts

Back