• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

(changed my mind) Dolmar 6400 with 20" b/c

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgb84

ArboristSite Operative
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
WTS like new Dolmar 6400 with 20" b/c. Saw has literally less than a half tank of fuel through it and has been used to fell one tree and cut a couple of cookies to tune it. Saw has been tuned a bit fat for break in at 40:1 stihl ultra w/ 91 octane non ethanol. I'd like to get $515 shipped OBO. I paid $570 shipped for it a month or two ago from Fastleo.

DSCN0324.JPG DSCN0325.JPG DSCN0327.JPG DSCN0328.JPG DSCN0329.JPG

Man, I wanted it when Fastleo had it. Now it's cheaper.... And still just as new?!?!

For someone who doesn't want to pay the $600 new price? This is about as good as it gets. A saw of this size for $500?? Show me a new mid size (Pro saw) for $500 new. :)

Nice saw. Wish I didn't already have a 7900 or I'd snatch this saw up. Boys if I'm correct, someday this bad boy can be easily upgraded to a 85cc beast.

Nice saw. Wish I didn't already have a 7900 or I'd snatch this saw up. Boys if I'm correct, someday this bad boy can be easily upgraded to a 85cc beast.

Same here! I love my 7900! :chainsaw:

In my experience while you could go ahead and put a BB P&C kit on it, in all reality the aftermarket kits are just not the same quality as the original Dolmar P&C.
For whoever buys this if stock saws are not your thing, my advice would be 100% to port the original cylinder and get a muffler mod.

Could always put a 7900 OEM top end on also! Much better quality and the performance difference over a slightly bigger cc aftermarket one would be nil.

Thanks for the info Matt81. I keep that in mind if I ever wear out my 7900.:chainsaw:

Thanks for the info Matt81. I keep that in mind if I ever wear out my 7900.:chainsaw:

I have run my muff modded 7900 against a mate with a 6400 that had been fitted with an aftermarket BB kit from Baileys. 84cc i think?
My saw probably wasn't even fully broke in by that stage as i had only had it a few weeks and didn't really use it much at first.
My 7900 kept up with and even out cut the other saw at times, while mine also ran longer on an identical size fuel tank by a few minutes.

I was just at my local dealer's place at lunch today, salivating over the 7900, which is WAY more saw than I need. I'd absolutely LOVE to have this one to keep my lonely little PS-460 company!!! ME WANT! But that pesky budget thing keeps getting in the way... ARGH!!!!

This is probably the best bang for the buck in the trading post at the moment. For anyone wondering, don't worry about a cylinder upgrade off the bat. I have been through a few 6400's, oem and BB. Unless I could find a real good deal on a used OEM 79cc top end, I would just hang on to the 64cc Mahle jug. Plenty of performance, a 64cc saw that would rival most 70cc+ saws out there. These 64cc saws are STRONG stock, you cant go wrong for the price.

Agreed, while they are a little bulky (if you class them as a 60cc saw), they run like a 70+ saw. I had one, and sunk a bunch of money in the 79cc top end, porting it, hd filter setup etc. I actually liked it better at 64ccs then I liked it at 79cc. (for some reason- maybe that at that point I only had $250 in it and it ran so good). Once I got the # up around $850-900.... I didnt really care for it anymore.

Is this saw still for sale?

Not likely. I PM'd the OP with an offer to buy at asking price a week or so ago and got no reply. Kind of wish folks would clean up their mess when they're done playing... It sucks a little thinking you might have just found that special something you've been searching for only to find it was sold weeks ago, but the thread just keeps carrying on a life of it's own.

It's not hard to take care of this!

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/how-to-change-classified-prefixs.247556/

My apologies to all in regards this post continuing for way too long. I still have the saw and at this point I have decided to keep it. For those of you that are even remotely interested, my wife is still at her current job but each day the situation appears to become more grim. I have been very busy as of late as I have started a tree trimming/removal business with two friends from work. We are hitting it hard each weekend and each time we do a job a neighbor approaches us with another job opportunity. @ BillNole, you seem upset and rightfully so. I would like to specifically apologize to you for the inconvenience/irritation I have caused you. I can assure you that was/is not my intention. I have had way too many irons in the fire and I should have taken care of this a few weeks ago. All PM's replied to and post prefix changed.

Good to hear your wife's still at work. Hopefully it'll pick up for them. Good luck with your new business venture.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Back