• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold MMWS ported Stihl MS-261

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg I am selling my Stihl MS-261. I am kind of old school and have a MMWS 026 Pro and MMWS 036 Pro. The 261 kind of falls right in between as far as weight and performance. It ends up staying home when I go to the woods. It is a fantastic firewood saw with zero issues. This saw has an adjustable carb. (I'm old school) It has always been run a little fat, on non-ethanol premium fuel, because in my mind it's not yet broken in. If you don't know how to tune a saw, do not buy this. Look for an Mtronic saw.

It will come with a 16" .325 X .063 Stihl B&C. Buyer has choice of 7 or 8 tooth rim sprocket, choice of slightly used full chisel, or new semi chisel chain. This saw had about five tanks through it before it went to Randy, and maybe three tanks since it came back. Very nearly perfect condition. Price includes shipping (east of the mississippi, extra charge for western U.S.) No international shipping. Paypal plus fees, or Postal Money Order.

Oh this is sooo tempting... I was contemplating trading in my 391 for a new 362m just last week, but this would put me on my way to my 2 saw plan. Hmmm

I thought only having ONE saw happened in the movies...

Thats what I convinced myself of anyways. ;) Variety is the spice of life.

Happy cutting.

Latest posts

Back