Chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
(don't know how to do a second quote in 1 post, just copied same).

Here's the easy way:

Let's say Bob makes a comment you want to quote, and Billy makes a comment, and you want to quote them both in your post.

For Internet Explorer (which you shouldn't use!)

One the quote button for Bob, RIGHT click, and then select "Open in New Window" the reply window will open in a new window, with Bob's post quoted and ready to go. Select the whole thing, and hit Control-C (copy).

NOW, go back to the original page, find Billy's post, and click on the quote button. You'll get the reply window with Billy's post quoted and ready to go.

NOW, put your cursor in Billy's reply, somewhere in the blank space after his quoted stuff, and hit Control-V (paste).

There you go. You have Bob & Billy quoted in your reply. You can now add whatever smart alek comments or words of wisdom you may have for us. Oh, you can ALSO edit Bob's words of wisdom and Billy's inane comments so that we don't have pages and pages of quotes that aren't necessary. HINT! HINT!

For Firefox & Opera users, well, you guys probably know how to middle click and open in a new tab, so I doubt you need my help.

From STIHL # 1 [/COLOR] (don't know how to do a second quote in 1 post, just copied same).

This is ENTS quote (above) edited down a bit.

Yikes... um, has anyone tested the AOSafety chaps?

I tossed in something from NovaMan, just to illustrate the process.

This screenshot is what it looks like when you are done (without the screenshot attachment), just before you hit "Submit".

attachment.php

And you are reading the result.

For Firefox & Opera users, well, you guys probably know how to middle click and open in a new tab, so I doubt you need my help.

yup yup! I dispise IE also ... I've been using Firefox for a while and think it's the best browser. On a different note, my stepdad's laptop has the newest version of IE (I still hate it) but I was on his computer the other day and you can middle click to open a new tab with it. Just a FWIW.

Thank's BlueRidgeMark,
I feel a little smarter now. Almost as good as staying at the Holiday Inn Express.:biggrinbounce2: I have often wondered how that was done.

Andy

yup yup! I dispise IE also ... I've been using Firefox for a while and think it's the best browser.

I did too, but it's gotten more like IE. I've switched to Opera, and like it better for most things.

On a different note, my stepdad's laptop has the newest version of IE (I still hate it) but I was on his computer the other day and you can middle click to open a new tab with it. Just a FWIW.

Yeah, they finally got on the tabs bandwagon, but it's still MS, which means, it's still full of security holes.

Thank's BlueRidgeMark,
I feel a little smarter now. Almost as good as staying at the Holiday Inn Express.:biggrinbounce2:

Did I just get complimented? Or insulted? :hmm3grin2orange:

Well, at least he didn't compare me to Motel 6! :biggrinbounce2:

If your browser rocks, it must be Firefox. :)

I already have the AOSafety chaps - I bought them on sale before I knew all chaps were not created equal. I guess I'll call and ask if they ever did any testing.

Latest posts

Back