chariots of fire...wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPDRMNKY

ArboristSite Dork
Reaction score
Okay...post em' up...the more chariot-like the better

(humor is a dish best served dry)

1907977_10202596464330177_780987300_n.jpg

Did you photo shop them two to look like hillbillies or are they natural ones like we have here?
Hillbillys...where?! All I see is 2 lil kids, one maybe lost a tooth or two...but they ain't near old enough to have even thought of their geographical preferences yet!
Even flatlanders lose their baby teefers ya know...

;)

a vet's chariot...thank you for your service!

Hillbillys...where?! All I see is 2 lil kids, one maybe lost a tooth or two...but they ain't near old enough to have even thought of their geographical preferences yet!
Even flatlanders lose their baby teefers ya know...
;)

she lost another one today... :eek:

I'm a transplant BTW...the PNW is home...flatlanders are cute, but weird...

a vet's chariot...thank you for your service!

she lost another one today... :eek:

I'm a transplant BTW...the PNW is home...flatlanders are cute, but weird...
thanks but I cant take credit for that my son in law is in the corps my daughter is with him they are stationed in Hansen Okinawan japan. he is on a ship right now outside s korea

thanks but I cant take credit for that my son in law is in the corps my daughter is with him they are stationed in Hansen Okinawan japan. he is on a ship right now outside s korea

then the thanks go to your SIL :)

-----

ok...the trailer is homemade, but not by me...a gem I found on CL
the front platform was sized for a tote box he didn't include with the trailer...
so I attached a painted plywood deck (salvage), and then attached the milkcrates.
the hinged covers are dividers out of one of those plastic outdoor storage chest thingies
closeups...

----

okay...more chariots of fire...wood. we can surely milk this bad joke for 10 more pics of yer' haulers!

:D

Got a couple chariots. Didn't bother showing dump trailers, everyone's seen dump trailers before. #1 - basement wagon. #2- bucket to load basement. #3- my dump truck and bill's log trailer. #4- a grapple bucket. #5- one of my log trailers. #6- Bil, his steiner and my limb trailer. #7- my big limb trailer, cut into rounds right on it. #8- Bil's dump trailer and his log trailer. #9- didn't post anymore, I have about 20 trailers for various things. Also have several more buckets.
basementwagon.jpg firewood slide.jpg IMG00126-20101114-1414.jpg IMG00187-20101128-1202.jpg loadoflogs.jpg steiner.jpg trailer1.jpg trailer3.jpg

Zogger, yup that's a Steiner model S20. It's actually pretty old, my bil restored it and repainted it. It was a rust pile from being used in a chicken barn. I've had quite a few Steiners over the years. We use them for landscaping work. My current one in the 2nd pic is a little newer, it's an anniversary model with a few options, my son put a new motor in it last year. The 3rd pic is one I had for years and sold awhile ago. The one with the grass seeder is gone too. I build most of my attachments and usually only sell the tractor units. They are great for tight bush hauling and pulling. I want to build a log grapple type lift for the back. greenseeder2.jpg
243.jpg wedding 030.jpg

that's #1 and #2...nice...steiner would get some "articulation rep" and milkman would get some "duals like a boss rep"...if rep existed anymore.

only 8 more to go...at least :D

Ramrod, would love pics. Especially of the walkng beam rotation. Couple questions and observations 1st. I thought about making my Steiner trailer a dual axle with walking beams. I did some temporary welding and even with the dual wheels on each side almost hitting each other it was almost impossible to turn without digging big ruts. Loaded would be even worse. Just like a big rig trailer with lift axles to turn. Yours look pretty far apart. I then decided to go single axle because I wasn't going to be using it in muddy conditions anyway because I don't own the property and didn't want to make a mess.

spdrmnky, I do have duals for them and about 20 attachments. I love the Steiners but we really don't use it much anymore. We do a lot of sweeping gravel off lawns in the spring with a front mount sweeper on it, then it pretty much just rests until the next year. This year there will be lots of gravel to remove after the 9 month winter we are having.

View attachment 340985
Ramrod, would love pics. Especially of the walkng beam rotation. Couple questions and observations 1st. I thought about making my Steiner trailer a dual axle with walking beams. I did some temporary welding and even with the dual wheels on each side almost hitting each other it was almost impossible to turn without digging big ruts. Loaded would be even worse. Just like a big rig trailer with lift axles to turn. Yours look pretty far apart. I then decided to go single axle because I wasn't going to be using it in muddy conditions anyway because I don't own the property and didn't want to make a mess.

The wheels are going to slide...its the nature of the beast I am afraid...I was/am much more concerned with the carrying capacity. I try to plan my entry and escape routes with as big a turns as possible. Wont be taking this on the lawn, so no big deal.

Latest posts

Back