Cheap saws that became money pits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take pictures when I get home from work. But yeah not your standard chain. The saw it self is huge. It belongs to my dad he's talking about selling it

You know what you need a mccinderblock 610 for parts ha ha
I think this flea market saw is fairly complete. I cleaned it up and put a dab of paint on it where it was faded and it looks a bit better. Haven't tried to run it yet except just a bit of fuel in the cylinder and it did pop a few times..Probably need to check the fuel system to see if it's okay. Also might check compression but I know it's not real high..

I gotta 610 that i know will run of I force feed it some mix but it's so hideous I don't want to make it a runner but it could be

They don't look great but they can be a great runner, besides that the Stihl chainsaws at the flea market were too expensive, $300 for an 034 and $225 for an 026, too rich for me..
One thing about the cinderblocks, you don't have to worry about anyone stealing them..

They don't look great but they can be a great runner, besides that the Stihl chainsaws at the flea market were too expensive, $300 for an 034 and $225 for an 026, too rich for me..
One thing about the cinderblocks, you don't have to worry about anyone stealing them..

Probly hurt someone's feelings but those stihls wouldn't be worth that much to me either

I've never even looked at the bore of mine. I guess I should but I'd be tempted to make it run then.

Well, I decided this cinder block has a good chance of running so I took the rim sprocket off my parts 55 Mac and put it on the saw. While I was at it I checked the compression and it comes in at 160 cold so that should be enough. I think I'll go up the street and buy a new air filter for it if they have one and then gas the saw up. I already know that at least the manual oiler works. Getting a little work in the saw but still not much money, so far..

I got a free Mac 3818. Not sure what is wrong with it but piston looks good. Junk saw, but that's all I have to fix right now.
That will keep you busy for awhile. I've worked on those saws before, kinda like the Mini Mac in that you have to take it apart to get to things like the chain oiler pump but not too bad. I just finished changing engines on one similar to yours, I think, I ended up making one decent saw out of two junk ones. I don't think the finished product will bring much money however..

Realizing that the store up from me will be closed tomorrow for labor day I decided to gas the cinder block up and try to start it. A few pulls and it was running although not well so adjusted carburetor and it worked better, ran it for awhile till I was satisfied then I tried to turn it off but it wouldn't turn off so I had to tear the saw back down and make a new kill switch wire, the flywheel had sawed the original in two..

Latest posts

Back