check and double check

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donho

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
one more Q for the pros here im ass. my homelite 925 with new piston and jug my dealer told me the arrow points towards the muffler? also was considering using indianhead sealer on the cylinder gasget?? Thanks Guys

The ring locating pin goes towards the intake. If the arrow points away from it, then that is correct. Most pistons the arrow does point to wards the xhaust, but not all. Putting the locating pin towards the intake makes sure it is installed correctly, as sometimes things are misstamped, or vary from the norm.

pins and arrows

Thanks sounds like all the arrows and pins match what you and my dealer have told me ring locater op of the muf matches the piston I took out. Also some of the guys here say not to use the piston clips that come with after market pistons ?? I have a golf (only piston I could find for homie 925) Thanks again

How did you make out with the rod bearing install?

Let us know how the golf piston/rings work out. Im thimking with the golf piston you may be stuck using the ones that came with it.

rod bearing

Ok rod bearing in and torqued I used wd 40 cleaned all the tape and grease from the needles counted the ones that came out and the new ones going in twice worked fine I haven't found anyone to give me torque setting so I did as my dealer said she does just tightened them up the rod seems a little tighter than with the old bearings even though the old had no end play now to make a ring compressor? the bore is 2 and 1/16 im thinking of cutting a short piece of 2" plastic pipe to use for a ring compressor.

pistons

Mike I found mine on ebay or evil bay as some here call it. will get you a name if you need it I bought parts from several dealers there.

Mike mandry said:
Where do you get these golf pistons that I have been hearing about on here ??

Ebay, they are cheap ~$30ish.

I have one in one of my 55 ranchers. It is ok, and has about 10hours on it, but the ring isn't the same quality as the factory. the saw still runs good, but I can tell the compression has dropped a little. I am going to try to install a husky ring in it.

Most people like to use the Loctite 515 flange sealant. I don't know if the Indian gasket dressing/shellac would work well.

torque

Thanks Ray, ive never torqued anything this small now have to get inch pound wrench always good reasons to buy more tools

You can also divide by 12 to get it in ft lbs, although many torque wrenches aren't very accurate, or don't go down low enough.

Latest posts

Back