cheif wood spliter Briggs and stratton

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonorachainsaw

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i have this splitter and it has 90 pounds compression and it wont run high or low it has one speed does anyone know the compression for a 8 hp engine

The 'one speed' sounds like my old splitter engine, 5hp B&S that had a screw type throttle setting (threaded rod with a kurled knob on top sticking up vertically alonside the carb). Set and forget as it was a PIA to change it.

Harry K

idk the comp #'s, but i do know that for a few years they had problems with loose valve seats. Ive had 3 motors that i junked because of this and they were only 2 years old. 1 reason i will never buy anything with the b&s name on it.......junk...i did reseat the first one that went bad, but that only bought me 2 more days before that 1 failed. there 5hp motors have never ever given me a single problem other then burning some oil. Still have a few 5hp 25 year old motors on some equipment that work good. They just dont hold a candle to a honda or kawi motor. pulling the head on the 8hp motor is simple and worth looking into. a bad valve seat will prevent the motor from starting.

Latest posts

Back