Cherry firewood for sale.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brushwacker

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I have 20+ face cord of it , most seasoned in firewood length unsplit logs about 20 months. Smells fantastic when split. I have burned some and it did well for me. EAB quarintines restrict moving all hardwoods outside IN and through some counties. I don't know but I think permits could be a possibility if the wood is easily identified . Otherwise it can be transported through unquarintined counties.
Anyone interested ?

I have to drop my oldest off at Purdue next week-end. That is not too far from you. What do you want per rick?? I could bring a trailer.

a rick? what the heck is a rick? i swear, you guys come up with more silly units of measurements for firewood. you ever heard of a cord?

what's a rick?

a large quantity of hay or straw stacked into a rectangular shape for storage and covered at the top to protect it from the weather

:hmm3grin2orange:

Here in Ohio, its a pile 16" wide, 4 feet high, 8 feet long. Thats tightly stacked.

Rick

Is that also called a "Face Cord?"

Rick in the midwest is the same as a face cord here in the east. Out west, the logs are so big and they have so much wood they only talk about cords, lol. :jester: :)

a rick? what the heck is a rick? i swear, you guys come up with more silly units of measurements for firewood. you ever heard of a cord?

Its my understanding that a rick in this region is defined as a pile of firewood thats stacked about this high and this about this wide and cut about this long. Of course, these measurments may be different in other parts of the country/states. :laugh:

Rick

Maybe this will help:

rick
a traditional unit of volume for firewood. A rick represents a stack of split firewood 4 feet high and 8 feet long, the logs being of a standard length, usually 16 inches. This is equivalent to 1/3 cord or 1.208 steres. However, because the size of a rick has been manipulated by vendors, it is illegal to sell firewood by the rick in several U.S. states. A rick is sometimes called a face cord or tier. The name of the unit comes from a old Norse word for a stack of wood.

rick,rack,face cord,st.louis cord are all 1/3 of a cord or 42 Cu ft I myself always ask how muck per rick because around here people try and pass off 2 ricks to a full cord to make it sound like a good deal

I have heard that some dealers around here used to use the truck load measure. e.g. small truck load, medium truck load and large truck load. :confused:

Rick or Rack !

Brick or Brack! Man you guys crack me up!:hmm3grin2orange:
So I have not seen any$$$ amounts.
I am just starting to sell to a neghbor and wondering what to charge her?
Most likely >60 bucks a half cord.
I am wheeling it over and stacking it by the wheelbarrow. (has that ever been priced?)
My understanding face cord sales are illegal in most parts at least here it is?
:greenchainsaw:

I am wheeling it over and stacking it by the wheelbarrow. (has that ever been priced?)

Reply; ...wheelbarrowing...erer been priced ; Yes, wheelbarrowing is included in our pricing. You just charge accordingly.

Dollars

If your delivering it and stacking it for her, next door, $200 a cord, 3-face cords or 3 ricks, is very reasonable. I get about $55+ per face cord not stacked and delivered. Nice cherry should go for that for sure... :cheers:

how much a rick? got a pic of the size of the logs? I would like to get 3-5 ricks but if I get my trailer done in time I can move 5-6 full cords... but ofcourse all depends on if the price is right
I have left private messages for interested parties.
Sorry,no pictures being as I don't have the capabilities or knowledge how to post them. The price is $45 a 4 foot x 8 foot stack, log length is at or near 16 inches.

Back