Chevy diesel 40

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arborsharp

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
a guy is asking $4,000 for this truck, says it dumps, but he's selling it for his dad so he doesn't know much about it. I'm going to look at it but thought would ask on here if anyone has an idea the make and model so I can research the towing capacity etc
95588519164577338a669e8f30e63743.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

It’s a rebadged Isuzu NPR. 88-94 ish, I bought one burned up on the side of the road and spent ALOT of time on it. Transmission is definitely weak link, if it’s an auto. Make sure OD works and no transmission lights are on for a thrown code. Mine needed one was very hard to find someone to rebuild it found a good used on eBay. hard to believe but to pull codes all you need is a paper clip. I towed a 60 tx with it, so was constantly in that 6000# range towing, it did fine but was geared for it. Looking at the pics, 4k seems high, looks rough. Paid 1300 (not working) for mine, sold it for 3800 and it was a lot nicer. Drove it 5 years, Isuzu is great about parts availability on these. But they are spendy. They burn through front tires, rotate more often than you think. Oh yeah, the ride is the worst of any vehicle I’ve ever owned. Unbearable at low speeds on rough roads. Any questions hit me up

interesting, thanks for the review! Yes it is an automatic. That's hard to believe something that big is only $4,000- but I guess the market is pretty high right now...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’ve driven an 04 with the 5 liter diesel in it quite a bit. Loaded at 17-18k gvwr it was underpowered and struggled to get to 60 on the highway. With a lighter load it would have been better for sure but the ride is rough and the seats suck.

That being said if it’s mechanically sound with a dump bed 4K might not be bad. I don’t like the rust around the windshield though, probably has bad seals and water intrusion in the cab.

What are you looking to use it for? I would look for something else if you’re going to be towing a lot.

Latest posts

Back