Chevytown's 365 "Super Sport" Special Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHEVYTOWN13

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
It's looking like a woods port only, because this saw is going to need some TLC. Finger ports are out of the question now, as the porting is probably going to be a freebie. Finger ports are a lot of work. Can't give that away for free. LOL.

The plug looked crazy. Big time deposits. The top of the piston was the same. I could just imagine the combustion chamber.

DSCF1303.jpg

Already noted, there is no decomp valve. Thinking of putting one on.

This screw does not look factory.

DSCF1311.jpg

Air injection housing broken.

DSCF1307.jpg

Now I see why the on off switch does not work.

DSCF1305.jpg

Strange. Pulling it over is not easy. Yet it only blew 120. Maybe just a ring. The bore looks to be in good shape (from the spark plug hole). Squish is .038 Might work it down to .023--.025 If the jug/piston is not good, then it's probably a keeper for a 372 OEM build. We'll see.

DSCF1313.jpg

I'll know more once I break it down. Seals, bearings and so forth. This is going to be a fun build and I am looking forward to running it against the 6401 Kita. I have to buy some T handles, as I don't have the proper tools to take off most of the cap screws. They are different than the Dolmar/Kita's.

Keep us posted. Good start, Mexicans know how to take care of stuff?

A bad apple in every Tree.

LOL. This Aztec American does:yoyo:

He said he took care of it, shoot. He wore it out.

Now I stepped in and am going to give it a well deserved siesta. Only, when it awakes, it's going to be in pist off mode. Gunning for a good work/firewood saw.

Show enough, the wire that connects to the coil must have been the shredded one I found tucked in between some jug fins . LOL.

A couple things... First, this particular series doesn't ever seem to bring high compression numbers. It is odd, but it's true. Second, maybe I'm looking at it wrong, but that broken wire is coming out of nowhere. The on/off switch wiring should be living underneath the recoil and should not hang out anywhere near the spark plug. The wire might be something else. Third, the "turbo" horn is dead cheap used and can be replaced easily. Husky placed the fastening screw so that it could be accessed by threading a 4mm hex wrench between the flywheel fins.

I could be wrong, but don't give up on the P&C, you might just need rings or a piston.

Hey Amigo,
Chances are if that piston looks like the plug that the ring maybe stuck or partially varnished into the land. Tear it down and soak it to see what things look like after a day or two. Baileys should have the rings or you can try the aftermarket ones from Erie. If you need help let me know.

Best wishes,
Bob

Orale amigo! It's good to hear from you again! Hope you're feeling better and on your feet again:cheers: Sucks to be in the Mash 4077!!!!!!!!

For sure, I'll be asking lots of questions. Will do once I tear it down. I'll keep you posted Bob. Again, glad to hear from you again and truly hope you're on your feet again.

Andre, I was just thinking about the wire. On the Dolmar, the wire off the coil actually is just grounded(if my memory serves me correct). I'm going to need an IPL to see where and how the coil wire is routed. I want a shot at this 60cc saw to compare it to my Kita and build someone a good ported work/firewood saw. So I can't wait to see what condition the jug is in, particularly. Yes, I took off the horn already.

If I want this saw to last, I'm going to have to rebuild it. I'm going to take my time, so this build will be a slow one.

Mark, you owe us a picture of your foredom and a clear picture of your finger ports:) Lets see how steady those young hands are kid:yoyo: No camera excuses OK:)

dude the 365 is the best saw you have, quit kidding yourself build it and keep it, you know your going to keep it anyways

Orale amigo! It's good to hear from you again! Hope you're feeling better and on your feet again:cheers: Sucks to be in the Mash 4077!!!!!!!!

For sure, I'll be asking lots of questions. Will do once I tear it down. I'll keep you posted Bob. Again, glad to hear from you again and truly hope you're on your feet again.

Andre, I was just thinking about the wire. On the Dolmar, the wire off the coil actually is just grounded(if my memory serves me correct). I'm going to need an IPL to see where and how the coil wire is routed. I want a shot at this 60cc saw to compare it to my Kita and build someone a good ported work/firewood saw. So I can't wait to see what condition the jug is in, particularly. Yes, I took off the horn already.

If I want this saw to last, I'm going to have to rebuild it. I'm going to take my time, so this build will be a slow one.

Mark, you owe us a picture of your foredom and a clear picture of your finger ports:) Lets see how steady those young hands are kid:yoyo: No camera excuses OK:)

No Rick I actually found the macro thing. Will take pics tommorw, I'm a little busy with the PM's.

Cool deal Mark. Yeah, PM's been flying around. LOL.

"kidding myself?" Are you sure about that...dude?

Someone is going to end up with this 365 special...with possibly a free woods port to boot. And I'm crossing my fingers that this saw will end up at a GTG someday for people to try out a CT13P saw:)

That saw looked beat from the get go...those muffler bolt heads were tweaked good...he must have worked the juevos out of that saw...to be expected in Compton...and no, that's not a racist remark at all, I spent 10 years working in my (then) family's liquor store between Compton and Watts. I know that area all too well...:dizzy:

Nothing that parts can't fix...

Back