Chinese chainsaw repair attempt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Count

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
hi guys,
don`t know if you remember, I bought a brand new chain saw made in China.
I think it is a knock off Husky.

After a while, the oiler failed. Today I had some time to kill and I have opened it up. The saw is not made out of plastick as one might expect. That was a surprise for me too.

However the problem seems to be a plastic part that was worn out because the manufacturer didn`t put any grease on the inner bearing; also the bearing was missing a few cylinders;

the language barrier prevents me from better explain this so I took few pictures.

If any of you recognize the Husky model that served as a blue print, please tell me for I just might find there a new bearing and a new piece.
Thanks

PC270963.jpg

PC270962.jpg

PC270961.jpg

PC270960.jpg

PC270959.jpg

PC270958.jpg

PC270957.jpg

PC270951.jpg

few more pics:

PC270966.jpg

PC270965.jpg

PC270964.jpg

PC270958.jpg

PC270957.jpg

the last picture is of the broken piece that should have moved the oiler and the picture before that shows the missing teeths bearing.

Last edited:
In another thread, someone said that at least some of the Chinese saws were a knock-off of a Redmax G5000. I've never seen a Redmax saw, so I have no idea if it is true.

Those parts sure look like they could replaced with husky parts. Measure the crank diameter, I may well be able to get the part numbers for you. BTW the plastic part that drives the oil pump is called a worm

Last edited:
LOL
I think it might be;
I have never opened a saw and up to a point I thought I need to split it open and when I decided not to I must have put them that way.
Good eye man, I didn`t noticed.
I was too busy figuring out what to do; I also needed to come up with some kind of a tool in order to take the worm out (thanks for the worm info btw).
I had fun though. Now I need to find a replacement; I`ll measure the thing next time I`m there.

Ha Ha Ha
good one;

that reminds me of a joke;
let me see if I can translate it so it makes sense:

on the shore of a lake there was a girl milking a cow. In the water`s reflection was the other way around.

Ha Ha Ha
good one;

that reminds me of a joke;
let me see if I can translate it so it makes sense:

on the shore of a lake there was a girl milking a cow. In the water`s reflection was the other way around.

Even the Swedish Chainsaw Mafia would understand that one. Not that I would know...

EDIT:

If you showed some pics of the plastic, maybe it would be easier to identify the model it was copied from? I have some Husky/Jonsered IPLs, SawTroll seems to have them all.

Last edited:
Even the Swedish Chainsaw Mafia would understand that one. Not that I would know...

EDIT:

If you showed some pics of the plastic, maybe it would be easier to identify the model it was copied from? I have some Husky/Jonsered IPLs, SawTroll seems to have them all.

PC270957.jpg

Sorry for being unclear, I meant the covers on the saw itself. I saw the broken plastic piece. I don't remember seeing your old post, did it have pictures?

I had a Redmax G5000 and that saw is an exact copy. I would look at the Redmax website to get the part.

On my Chinese saw, the clutch was not screwed far enough down on the shaft so there was lots of play in the drum/sprocket, which was not contacting the plastic part (worm?).

Last edited:
oh, I found another aberation:
there are two screws H and L and for those screws there are two holes;
the funny thing is that the first hole leads to no screw and the second one leads to the first screw.
no wonder I couldn`t adjust the H and L right...

Hah, sounds like they copied everything, then put a different carb on it with the adjustment screws in slightly different locations.

It seems to be a common theme on these Chinese saws that the manufacturing appears fairly good, but the assembly is horrendous. It would probably be a good idea for anyone purchasing a Chinese saw to go through it and check everthing out before they run it.

Back