Chinese chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
and another copy....

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-58cc-Chainsaw-20-Blade-Case-UNBEATABLE-VALUE-/320507154034?pt=UK_Home_Garden_GardenPowerTools_CA&hash=item4a9fb70e72

%21BpYWRtgBWk%7E$%28KGrHqMOKjkEu,Y6OlrWBLrIm3tku%21%7E%7E_3.JPG

and another

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-GIO-Power-Chain-Saw-52cc-Gas-18-Bar-/350411639836?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item5196294c1c

!B7+p)J!CWk~$(KGrHqV,!jkEzKE4,vUiBM1)(hYR6g~~0_3.JPG

and another

http://cgi.ebay.com/Powerhorse-Chainsaw-18-inch-45-cc-brand-new-/300488410975?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item45f681475f

%21B7Vp9n%21EWk%7E$%28KGrHqV,%21lEEy+jC2vJ%21BMz3QSj9eg%7E%7E_14.JPG

and another....

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-38cc-Bolton-16in-16-Gas-Chainsaw-Chain-Saw-/140469345195?pt=US_Chainsaws&hash=item20b4a01bab

%21BuYFzk%21CWk%7E$%28KGrHqN,%21iUEv1+0E8C%21BM%21Cr9ZD+w%7E%7E_35.JPG

I like how some actually say "chainsaw" on the side.......guess to remind you what piece of equipment you are using ???? :laugh:

Todd

bcoverss;
looks like you need some ripping chain for that saw, might be a little faster!

I've got a few Chinese copies on their way at the moment. Two Husky 365XP's, a Stihl 066, and a Stihl 070.
As mentioned previously I think most people will be very very surprised at the quality of these saws and just how long they'll last too.

That sounds interesting Matt, I hope the 365's are better than the chinese one i bought - it does cut wood though and comes with a genuine stihl chain lol.

I wasn't aware that they were copying the 066 yet - would like to see how it goes. The good ol' 070 will be fun, I have seen a few of them on Aus ebay advertised as new or mint condition stihls and they are fetching some good money - $1000 compared to like $300 in china.

I payed $120 I seen on that alibaba website they sell for $38 per unit wholesale I assume by the container load .

Like back around 1994, a SKS cost about $35 in quantity, the distributors paid the importers twice that, the dealers paid $90-100, and we paid $125. These rifles were NOT the same quality the Chinese army used, not by a long shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KFl1j5lKdw&feature=related
Heres a bluemax promotion video. Looks actually alright. The promoter isnt to bright though....30 more teeth WTF?

That bluemax saw looks like a 62cc china special to me (copy of the Redmax G621AVS). A Poulan wild thing is only around 40cc ? So the comparison is not really fair... and he is not putting any weight on the wild thing either while in the cut.

Not sure about counting teeth either, maybe the wild thing has a skip chain on it ?

Last edited:
That bluemax saw looks like a 62cc china special to me (copy of the Redmax G621AVS). A Poulan wild thing is only around 40cc ? So the comparison is not really fair... and he is not putting any weight on the wild thing either while in the cut.

Not sure about counting teeth either, maybe the wild thing has a skip chain on it ?

I could of swore he said 40 something ccs. The wild thing was REALLY REALLY slow, couldnt believe how slow it was my echo would of dominated it!

Oregon has a chain they must be only shipping OEM's, a VX91 that is a skip. Seen them on a Shinny and on Poulans and a new Efco, I know what your thinking, WTF but its true, its true. Only thing I can figure is they want the RPM's up, if to generate heat for combustion or emissions or lubrication IDK, but I did done see it. Generates a little wow factor when they replace the chain too, I know a customer that said order me another one of them chains PLEASE.

Oregon has a chain they must be only shipping OEM's, a VX91 that is a skip. Seen them on a Shinny and on Poulans and a new Efco, I know what your thinking, WTF but its true, its true. Only thing I can figure is they want the RPM's up, if to generate heat for combustion or emissions or lubrication IDK, but I did done see it. Generates a little wow factor when they replace the chain too, I know a customer that said order me another one of them chains PLEASE.

Its still a safety chain isnt it? For a 60cc saw it didnt cut that fast imo.....I figured it was the chain?

I could of swore he said 40 something ccs. The wild thing was REALLY REALLY slow, couldnt believe how slow it was my echo would of dominated it!

Sorry, my bad. the saw at the start of the video resembles a 62cc model, while the saw in the cutting demonstration seems to be a 45cc.

He mention his site Homier.com but they don't seem to list any chainsaws... maybe i just cant find them.

Its still a safety chain isnt it? For a 60cc saw it didnt cut that fast imo.....I figured it was the chain?

Yes, but not the bumper link, more like the LPX. If choosing Oregon, go VXL, unless the young ones run it, I have a loop of Stihl green for those occasions.

I've heard these saws have 2-piece pistons that are held together by the rings. Not sure if that's true or not, but that can't be good in the long run.....

Yes, but not the bumper link, more like the LPX. If choosing Oregon, go VXL, unless the young ones run it, I have a loop of Stihl green for those occasions.
Ah ok ya i just bought the 91vg for the echo, so the girlfriend can run it:)

that same guy is pimpin a log splitter that's twice the size of the troy built one too... check out his other videos

That sounds interesting Matt, I hope the 365's are better than the chinese one i bought - it does cut wood though and comes with a genuine stihl chain lol.

I wasn't aware that they were copying the 066 yet - would like to see how it goes. The good ol' 070 will be fun, I have seen a few of them on Aus ebay advertised as new or mint condition stihls and they are fetching some good money - $1000 compared to like $300 in china.

Yeah mate there are at least two 365XP styles being produced in China. One has lower quality bearings and also apparently a smaller, lighter crank. It also has the square intake manifold like the older model 365 (so I'm led to believe?). The ones I have coming are the heavier duty ones wth the round intake and although they cost USD$50 more a piece I believe they will be worth it.
The 066 copy is a bolt for bolt knock off (like all the saws) and actually not much more expensive than the 365's. The 070 is also the same price as the 066 although freight a bit more expensive :cheers:
I got the 070 in for a bit of nostalgia and fun but for the price they are fetching on eBay I can sell one and buy two more!
The 066 and 365's are solely and wholey to test the BB kits I'm importing and to also sell more of if they prove to be OK and reliable. For what I can sell any of the above saws for you wouldn't even be able to buy an MS192T or MS230 for in Australia.
Already I have "sold" more than the above number however I have told the interested local guys that until I make sure they are up to scratch I won't be selling anything. Another member here was also interested in one of the 365's to bolt a 372XP BB kit to.
Once they arrive over the next week or two I'm going to video them out the box, fuelled up, and see how well they start from scratch with no prior running. I'll check compressions and rpm's too.

I have the same saw. took it for 80$. crappy chain, crappy bar. crappy on/of switch and crappy break.

now it seems to have a crappy oiler.

it smokes more than it should and on full throttle has no power.

I think the looks imitate Stihl but the mechanism is an old Husky
has an .325 chain on it

I only took it to learn basics and open it up to learn the components. after it dies, I`ll take it to get an discount for a real saw.
:)

let us know how it works in time.

"Like back around 1994, a SKS cost about $35 in quantity, the distributors paid the importers twice that, the dealers paid $90-100, and we paid $125. These rifles were NOT the same quality the Chinese army used, not by a long shot."

Yep, they were pressed in/pinned barrels, and originally taunted as "low-end" units.

After putting several thousand rounds thru a Paratrooper model I bought back then, and doing nothing more to it than wiping it off a couple of times, I'd say that I certainly got my moneys worth!

As far as low cost "disposable" chainsaws, I'm going to keep grabbing up the little Echo's instead. They are the best kept secret out there in small reliable saws, IMHO. All you need to know is how to remove a couple of limiter caps and and give them some fuel so they don't smoke the P/C. Can't kill em after that.......Cliff

Latest posts

Back