Chinese saw bad coil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doubletrouble

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a timberpro cs6150 Chinese saw and no spark. I checked the coil, pretty sure it's bad. Been looking for one. Haven't been able to find one saying it'll fit the 67cc saw I have. Will the coil for a 58cc work? I've found several of those. Going to replace the on/off switch as well since I boogered it up.
Thanks.

Does the on/off switch just ground the coil to kill the ignition? That's my understanding but just want to make sure. Thanks again.

Yes.
It's pretty clear what the on/off switch does once you take it apart.
PS I have the toggle on/off switch off a 52cc Chinese saw on my timberpro now not the stock rocker switch, it fits the stock cover like its meant to be there.
I thought my switch was bad and cut the wires off it to remove it but all that was wrong was the wire pulled out of the coil so I wrecked the switch for nothing lol.

NSEric, not sure what switch you used but I will look around to see if I can find out. If you have a pic or link that would help also. Thanks ........

Thanks again. Ordered the switch. Replaced the coil today, she starts now. Used the choke to kill the engine for now but at least it runs. Once the switch gets here I'll get it installed.

Latest posts

Back