Chip bodies

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an international 4300 cab and chassis, and am shopping chip bodies. So far I am leaning towards a Southco MP - 1472 high capacity multi purpose. Any of you guys have experience with these or any input? Thanks.

Thanks Tom..

southco is the best i have one now for 20 years its a chip but never any terrible tom

Southco is the only one of the big three that offer a multi purpose body with the taller roof section (30") giving you 72" of height, and still removable. They also (for a fee of course) offered to beef up the floor for wood, going from 10 gauge, to 3/16 floor, and moving the supports from every 18" on center, to 12" on center. I think I might have them weld the sides on for more strength as well. My main thing is getting in from above for topsoil, or if I ever get a log trailer. Dont really need a flatbed I dont think.

We just finished this unit for a customer in MA. It is made by Blue Ridge Mfg and is a top quality body. This one was made with removable tops.

If you want more info let me know.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

We just finished this unit for a customer in MA. It is made by Blue Ridge Mfg and is a top quality body. This one was made with removable tops.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Sweet PM sent

Nice truck Motor. I have a southco on my bucket truck. Its a good body, dumps well and you can put your name on the outside easily too. Solid and well built. Good Luck.

Mike

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That is a nice truck motor. That body looks a little too big for what I want.. not sure if my chipper would shoot over the tailgate. I like the simple tough looking design though.

The southco is probably the way I will go when I can afford to safetly dump that kind of scratch. Just payed cash for the truck, so it may be a while - unfortunately. Oh, I forgot to mention, with the heavy duty version MP 1472, the sides also go from 12 guage, to 10. Couple that with the 3/16" thick floor, and I think that body stands the best chance of standing up to tractor/wood abuse that I've seen so far.

Back