chipper nightmare

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The machine doesnt need criticized The machine shop owner does if everything you said is accurate . For 2k i cant see why it didnt work like it should. Talk to him before you threatin him with legal action ,print our replies and show him what others think but make sure you've told us the everything like it happened. I would be mad in a big way if i were you.

Uhhh, Over a year old thread. Can't believe I missed this one though, sounds all too familiar.

I took my old Asplundh to a machine shop to get the stuck height adjustment bolts out, you know those 3"-4 long ones? I think there were 4 or 5 ? A week later they tried to charge me $1200 bux:angry: I actually drove into their back yard where it was and was about to hook it up and drive off before one of the guys talked me out of it. Almost went to jail that day.
They never let me know it was going to be that huge of a problem, seems like they also put their most inexperienced jackass on my machine. I ended up talking them down in price a couple hundred too. When I got it home I had to re-tap every one they worked on.

Oh well, bringing back bad memories:) Hope it worked out in the end for Priest.

A good deal can brake the bank.
If you want a reliable chipper, buy it new or almost new. Those old chippers have a dark side that can totally screw your whole day. Nothing like having to tow a broken chipper with a load of unchipped brush in your truck.

Latest posts

Back